Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Muslims like us
  • globalti
    Free Member

I watehed it having seen this post but I gave up after 10 minutes because it just came across as some kind of silly Big Brother freak show. Waste of time.

stumpy01

+1 on the BigBrother comparison.

It could have been called ‘Opinionated People Like Us’……

I misunderstood the premise of the program. I thought it was an insight into various Muslim families & how they lived their daily lives, rather than a loud of shouty people stuck in a house together.

mcj78
    Free Member

alpin
    And here is the crunch…. Weißt are told to respect religion, but followers don’t respect other factions of their own faith.

Yep – call me cynical but I can imagine the producers fully knew they were getting a big brother-esque reality show where a bunch of Muslims from different background with widely different ideas of what exactly the religion espouses constantly argue with themselves & anyone else they meet, about everything and nothing and the average punter on the sofa at home sits back & watches the drama unfold whilst muttering “bloody Muslims” under their breath 😆

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I own to having watched it and whispering ‘bloody humans’. Then remember I’m broadly humanist so had a word with self!

Whether religion, creed, belief, gender, nation or pastime – some (most?) people segregate and identify with others who hold collective views. The radicalised racist who was himself a victim of racism. Can’t see the wood for having become a tree.

fin25
    Free Member

BBC in different people are different shocker!

nedrapier

A friend of mine filmed this with one of the participants. Her response to how they were portrayed.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBR-kH628Zc[/video]

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Muslims like us’ is closed to new replies.