Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • "Muslim lollipop lady"
  • Cougar

So, this image popped up on my Facebook feed this morning.

With depressing predictability it’s brought out all the closet Britain First supporters. My first thought was, surely it’s a hoax? It looks like the sort of stunt 4chan would pull to whip up all the racists into a frenzy.

However, my google-fu has failed to find anything debunking it (though it’s also failed to find anything to support it either, which makes me more convinced it’s a stunt).

What does the collective think?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Moderate Muslims need to make a stand about this sort of thing…or something.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

That popped up on my FB ‘news’ feed too. I am with you on the quality of comments and response that it received.
    It has to be a stunt. Most lollipop ladies and gents make do with a Hi Vis jacket and lollipop.

midlifecrashes

What does the collective think?

Not having a facebook account is better than having a facebook account.

DezB
    Free Member

In my world, lollipop people have… lollipops

wwaswas

I give it 5 minutes before she’s knocked down by a SMIDSY.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Hang on…background looks clean and warm, no greggs, that’s not even in the UK!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@thestabiliser, that was my thought

Cougar

I’m not convinced it’s a woman under that lot, even.

Or come to that, anyone Asian.

Muslim lollipop lady my eye, what we’ve got here is an exceptionally crap ninja.

Drac

Popped up on mine yesterday and spreading today. A pathetic joke is my conclusion.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Why would a lollipop lady have a blue and black dress?

DezB
    Free Member

It’s just a photoshopped pic, using a colour replacer.

This bit here:

They couldn’t even be bothered to touch up the wrong bits and yet morons are still falling for it. (I presume, as it won’t be on my Facebook)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

+1 not the UK
    +1 not having face book account.

But frankly who cares, wearing a burqa doesn’t make you any more evil than a pair of doc marten boots. There are places where they are wholly inappropriate, in the same way as spandex isn’t appropriate attire for a board meeting, but outside of those situations what business is it off anyone’s and even in those situations is not anyone’s choice but the wearer’s any how, though you could at least be forgiven for pointing out it’s not sensible for swimming in, if the wearer takes that advice great, if not it’s their decision.*

*There is of course the school of thought that says the burqa isn’t the woman’s decision, when in told that by someone who doesn’t dress like everyone else in their social group I’ll give it some credence.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Glow in the dark fairy
    It certainly modest dress I will give it that and that wont draw attention to you 😉

I would assume it is a fake as there is no need to cover the hands even with the full outfit.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

So good* I said it twice

*contains sarcasm. Those sensitive to sarcasm should avoid this post.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Also non-UK standard reflective strips.

In addition, the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 requires that anyone working on or by the road (including SCPs) must wear a high visibility garment that complies with the requirements of the relevant British Standard, currently BSEN 471: 2003 class 3. Circular 3/1989 also requires patrols to wear “a peaked cap, beret or yellow turban”. Therefore, when considering buying SCP uniforms,
    Authorities must comply with the Home Office Circular 3/1989 and the Health &
    Safety at Work Act on Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1992: (PPE)
    e.g. BS EN 471 2003 class 3.
    Circular 3/1989 refers to a coat and is modelled on a dustcoat, which is a kneelength garment. British Standard 6629 refers to the visibility of the garment and the current standard is EN471 class 3. Therefore, SCP uniform must comply with both Home Office Circular and EN471 class 3, and must be full-length (that is, a knee-length coat not a jacket). A shorter coat will affect the visibility of the uniform, particularly when measured from the horizontal eye point of a driver, taken as being 1.05m from the road surface. Tests have shown that Saturn Yellow continues to be the most effective fluorescent colour.

I need a life.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Does she know what drivers won’t give her any more room and that ‘studies’ show flo-yellow is no safer than any other colour.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I would assume it is a fake as there is no need to cover the hands even with the full outfit.

Depends how religious you are, I have seen women with black gloves on both in Saudi and in London

Cougar

There’s a need to cover the hands if it’s bloody cold.

wwaswas

Is it one of those black and gold dresses that doesn’t photograph well?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

patriotpro
    Free Member

It’s a police traffic cone and post-box all in one.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

And besides all these muslamics should be learning to integrate properly…and by integrating properly I mean buggering off, NOT taking up volunteer positions for the benefit of the community and providing a vital safety service to young people on their way to be educated, bloody muslamics.

Yours sincerely

Theresa May
    The Government
    Upholding ‘British Values’ since yesterday

Junkyard
    Free Member

What sort of northerner are you?

Letting the side down there fella

nickc

in the same way as spandex isn’t appropriate attire for a board meeting

meanwhile in the Spandex Corp Board meeting…

“Take that bloody spandex suit off, you’re not impressing anybody”

Fake. Is what I’m going with BTW

chakaping
    Free Member

Beaten to it, but I was gonna say it’s clearly a spy shot from the new JJ Abrams Star Wars movie.

Health and Safety gone mad!

konabunny
    Free Member

and YOU’RE paying for it!

globalti
    Free Member

Not as effective as the terrifying Kinshasa traffic robots:

P-Jay
    Free Member

Frankly there have been times today where I could have done with something like that, it’s cats and dogs in Cardiff today.

bigrich

how did the muslim cross the road? the same way as everyone else.

stumpy01

Fake or not, she’s camouflaged herself in the event of a setting sun & will certainly be run over as a result and it will be her fault for wearing hi-viz.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Muslim lollipop lady my eye, what we’ve got here is an exceptionally crap health and safety aware ninja.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well it’s good to see a strict muslim woman dress in as much hi-viz clothing as possible, far more than her job even requires, than the usual boring black.

And to have a proper paid job too. I assume there was a man accompanying her every time she ventured out with her lollipop sign.

Seems genuine to me.

DezB
    Free Member

[*]Art. Eh?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So not genuine after all 🙁

Reading that ‘art review’ was like reading the Art Critics in Viz btw. Surprisingly so – was it suppose to be some sort of joke which went straight over my head ?

epicyclo

Cougar – Moderator
    …Muslim lollipop lady my eye, what we’ve got here is an exceptionally crap ninja.

… or an exceptionally good one 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Oh FFS it’s obviously blue and white. Are you blind?

Drac

Reading that ‘art review’ was like reading the Art Critics in Viz btw. Surprisingly so – was it suppose to be some sort of joke which went straight over my head ?

I think the guy just got a thesaurus for his birthday and went a bit mad with it.

konabunny
    Free Member

I didn’t think the article was written in that complicated or flowery language. I thought it was a pretty straightforward discussion of how the performance could be seen. The most complicated word was probably “counterinterpretation”, which isn’t that complex, is it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘"Muslim lollipop lady"’ is closed to new replies.