• This topic has 26 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Muslamic ray-guns taking over schools?
  • binners

this all seems a bit bonkers

I’m sure that Michael Gove’s Academy programme fully intended promoting self-interested minorities to snaffle up disproportionate amounts of funding, remove themselves from democratic control, then further their own narrow agendas.

But it eems a bit naive of him to think that only the Tory voting, Mail reading middle classes would take advantage of this. And look whats gone and happened now. The people doing the taking over are… well…. you know….. they’re the wrong… erm… how can I put this… erm… the wrong ‘type’ of person. Theres all this Allahu Akbar shouty business going on. How frightful!

globalti
    Free Member

They’re already here. Discretely hidden away, half way up Holcombe Hill near Ramsbottom is Dar ul Uloom, a Deobandi Muslim college. When I showed it to my agent from Pakistan he was completely gobsmacked that we allow such an extreme Saudi-funded organisation in the UK – according to him the Deobandis make the Taliban look like schoolkids.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Curry Pie anyone?

binners

Thats a private institution though, isn’t it? I didn’t realise they were particularly hardline? Every days a (jihadist?) schoolday eh?

Have you ever seen them in Tescos in Rammy on a Saturday though? They stock up for the week. They’ve got entire trolleys piled up with big bottles of coke, literally mountains of chocolates and sweets. My next door neighbour was a surgeon in Saudi. He told me 45% of the adult population had diabetes. I’d be amazed if any of that lot make it to adulthood.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Takes a bit of cojones to start this thread in this day and age of PC everything. Frankly religious schools should all get the boot, and stop indoctrinating kids with the preferred brand of zealotry.
    While we like to moan about Islamic fundamentalism (much of it funded by our dear friends the Saudis through the cult of Wahhabism), the good old USA do a pretty good job at their own brand of extremist christian idolatry.
    We need to get a grip on what is acceptable – the Germans don’t allow nazi ideology in any form and it is ruthlessly dealt with – so why do we put up with the human rights of basically Islamic fascists.

zippykona

Religion can **** right off.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

slowoldman

zippykona – Member
    Religion can **** right off

Works for me.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Hey, i’ve got a great idea!

we’ll send all the white kids with christian parents to one school, and we’ll send all the brown kids with muslim parents to a different school.

that’ll definitely promote an integrated healthy society, free from ignorance and intolerance.

we’ll call it ‘multi-culturalism’, it’ll be great.

oh, hang on…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Ahhh, plural monoculturalism. Isn’t that what we have in London already?

It’s segregation dressed up in new clothes so that the left can ignore issues of integration and racism.

“It’s okay, they want to have their own little communities and not be included by the rest of us”.

tmb467
    Free Member

as a Norn Irishman, I can state that religious schools were definitely a bad idea

those nuns weren’t nice

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

wwaswas

Ten years ago there was an evangelical church round here that was fairly open about trying to get as many parent governors appointed to schools as it could. They’d all agree on one candidate, all the members of the church would vote for them. Next time there was a vacancy they’d do it again.

Although reading the stuff they’d put out via the school during the elections it would never mention their church, just how much they wanted to serve the community.

binners

Ahhh, plural monoculturalism. Isn’t that what we have in London already?

You should see it in places like Oldham and Rochdale. They’re as clearly segregated as Apartheid-era South Africa

D0NK

The leaked letter, reportedly correspondence from one Birmingham fundamentalist to another in Bradford, outlines how the use of dirty tricks methods such as spreading lies about heads, forcing children to engage in Christian prayer, “teaching about homosexuals” and “corrupting children with sex education” can achieve the fundamentalists’ goals.

this does not seem to make sense, is the letter suggesting highlighting “forcing children to engage in Christian prayer”? or spreading lies that it actually happens?

or just a crap journalist?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You should see it in places like Oldham and Rochdale. They’re as clearly segregated as Apartheid-era South Africa

Last time I tried to discuss this, I got accused of being a racist. 😆

When in actual fact I just have residual opinions left over from my teenage marxist phase. If we have one global culture – there will be less differences that we can use as an excuse to kill each other. The smaller the differences become the more absurd the reasons to go to war become. Of course, expecting the whole world to unite under western ideology is out of the question. However, the same can be applied at home. Religion and identifying yourself by your religion first, strikes me as a way of differentiating yourself from your fellow countrymen – it allows you to create a psychological divide between “them” and “us”.

Cougar

Theres all this Allahu Akbar shouty business going on.

It’s a trap?

globalti
    Free Member

Last time I tried to discuss this, I got accused of being a racist

Yes, curious, innit? This forum used to have some very touchy people who would accuse you of racism if you so much as mentioned anything they didn’t like but now there seems to be a strange sort of post-PC new Faragist “it’s OK to discuss these issues in open robust terms” flavour creeping in.

derekfish
    Free Member

The one common denominator..

There is always a beard at the root of the worlds problems.

binners

True

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

There is always a beard at the root of the worlds problems.

Pah! I’ve sold my soul to Santa.

emsz
    Free Member

The smaller the differences become the more absurd the reasons to go to war become

You know, Did you spill my pint seems to be all it takes for world war 3 to kick off in the pub I sometimes drink in, it doesn’t get more absurd than that. Blokes don’t seem to need much of a reason

Binners you’re obsessed with them Hon, which one is it you fancy? You can tell me 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well, Maggie Thatcher sent 300 odd men to their deaths to save some sheep shaggers in a far flung corner of the Atlantic.

People in Europe are as a whole, becoming less inclined to go to war – due in part I think to a post religious secular morality, a spate of awful wars throughout the twentieth century and the advent of the internet.

emsz
    Free Member

and the advent of the internet.

To busy on certain websites to bother?

mogrim

Well, Maggie Thatcher sent 300 odd men to their deaths to save some sheep shaggers in a far flung corner of the Atlantic.

Well, there was also an election on the horizon. And in hindsight, the possibility of oil makes it all worth it. Right?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Thats a private institution though, isn’t it? I didn’t realise they were particularly hardline? Every days a (jihadist?) schoolday eh?

Ask them for a game of chess 😉 (although they have taken that essay off their website now)

They seem to vary from the chocolate and coke munchers to the cheeky pot smokers to the ones who go for runs training for their work experience placement in a hot climate

DrJ

Have you ever seen them in Tescos in Rammy on a Saturday though? They stock up for the week. They’ve got entire trolleys piled up with big bottles of coke, literally mountains of chocolates and sweets. My next door neighbour was a surgeon in Saudi. He told me 45% of the adult population had diabetes. I’d be amazed if any of that lot make it to adulthood.

True dat. Apparently Qatar does have the highest incidence of diabetes in the world.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Muslamic ray-guns taking over schools?’ is closed to new replies.