Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Music you keep listening to because you think it 'might be good for you', but…
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

It actually took me about 10 years (and a few break-ups) to finally 'get' Bob Dylan, so I guess that was probably worth it in the end.

…But there are a few artists still revolving on my iPod that I just, well, really don't like. Still I persist – listening to them occasionally on the ol' random shuffle – in the vain hope that maybe I'll finally 'get' what all the fuss is about:

1) Nick Cave – what's with this (apparently) talentless moron? He simply can't sing, his contrived music/persona (delete as appropriate) has absolutely no depth, melody, charisma, originallity, soul or anything really. Plus, I'm pretty sure he's completely up his own anus …still, I persist.

2) Sparklehorse – he sounds like he is singing with a blocked nose and dodgy adenoids. It hurts I tell you!!! Stop it man, you are really making me feel ill. 😡

3) The Beach Boys / Brian Wilson – they sound like listening to a bunch of people with Down's Syndrome singing (and I mean no offence to people with Down's Syndrome). I just can't get past this. Apparently there's some great melodies in there, somewhere. I can't get past the awful 'simple' plodding singing voices.

… I'm pretty sure there are more, but I'll stop there.

Any further culprits..?

grumm
    Free Member

Bob Dylan for me.

Radiohead too – I can sort of appreciate some of the ideas but it's just so deathly dull.

can-uk
    Free Member

Nick Cave…have finally decided to delete him from my IPOD.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Royal Trux, Thee Hypnotics and Pavement I evetually gave the fisrt two bands cds to a friend I'm still trying to 'get' Crooked Rain Crooked Rain.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Music you keep listening to because you think it 'might be good for you', but…’ is closed to new replies.