Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Music – What would I need to like to like this?
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Have heard some high praise – tempted to get, but not sure if it is my thing”

Anyone have this and offer up any thoughts?

DezB
    Free Member

“KING MOB is a London based supergroup comprising of guitar legend Chris Spedding (Roxy Music, Elton John, John Cale, Paul McCartney), Glen Matlock – bass (Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop, Faces), Martin Chambers – drums (Pretenders), Stephen W Parsons aka Snips – vocals (film composer and vocalist of legendary 70’s band Sharks) and introducing hot new guitar talent Sixteen.”

I can imagine it appealing to people who haven’t moved on from punk.
    (ie. sad old gits)
    Haven’t heard it though, so could be wrong.
    I’m going to check on their webpage, I’d be pleasantly surprised if I’m wrong. 😉

DezB
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=39nNa3uJKrw[/video]

Hmmm… rock n roll will never die eh?

elzorillo
    Free Member

When I was a lad, I was into punk. I had the mohican and wore all the gear, went to all the gigs etc. Was the thing to be into in them days..

Back then there was still a few middle aged guys about town that were still into the 50’s rocknroll music, with their hair slicked back and funny suit/shoes. They were viewed as odd (stuck in the past) and we’d just laugh at them.

I grew up.. moved on, but I often still see a few of the guys about town from that punk era. Still living the life, dressing as punks. I often wonder when I see these chaps walking about, thinking they’re the dogs with their anarchy tshirts, if the younger generation view them the same way people of my generation used to view those old die hard rocknroll fellas. As oddballs to be sniggered at.

Often wonder that.

DezB
    Free Member

😀

Me too. And when they are sitting dribbling in the old folks home, will they insist on Vibrators and Slaughter & the Dogs being played on the hi-fi. Just like ol’ Hilda insists on Gracie Fields being played now…

rkk01
    Free Member

Not sure if I’m sure about the “punks, not moved on” tag…

The reviews I’ve read suggest an eclectic mix – hence posting the original question…

elzorillo
    Free Member

Not sure if I’m sure about the “punks, not moved on” tag…

The reviews I’ve read suggest an eclectic mix – hence posting the original question…

It wasnt a dig at the music (although it does sound very aged to me).

Hence it made me think of the old days..

Edit: Listened again.. definitely reminds me of late era punk bands when they’d mellowed a bit (more my era actually).. They remind me of a cross between one of my old favourites ‘999’ and ermm.. ‘billy idol’ :?.

DezB
    Free Member

My problem with it is.. It’s all been done before.

vinnyeh

(although it does sound very aged to me).

You make it sound like the quality of music released has improved over time as genres have changed.. 🙂

Newer music > Older music.

elzorillo
    Free Member

‘Slaughter and the dogs’ hehehhe I’d forgotten about them. Saw them at the old famous (now derelict) punk venue ‘The porterhouse’.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s not a matter of ‘quality’, it’s what my ears are interested in listening to. Bored of old rock n roll stuff – there’s enough of it already and I’m more interested in hearing something new.

verses

I’d agree it’s a style “that’s all been done before” but I’d say it’s not been revisited for a while (well… Other than Jim Jones Revue last year)…

emsz
    Free Member

Supergroups = almost never are…

When people say punk to me I think of sum41, blink182,

DezB
    Free Member

When people say punk to me I think of sum41, blink182,

You’re think of ‘pop’ 😉

emsz
    Free Member

Punk is pop DezB.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Music – What would I need to like to like this?’ is closed to new replies.