Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Music to ride (race) to
  • goldenwonder
    Free Member

I want to put together a playlist for my ipod to help me at mayhem this year. I’ve got a couple of hours worth, but am interested to hear what other people listen to-what have you found works well & what doesn’t,
    but please don’t let this turn into ‘you shouldn’t listen to an ipod when riding, its dangerous’ type of thread 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

drumz n bassz. old skool hardcore. anything with a fast beat really! – not including speedcore

radoggair
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

Prodigy voodoo people and also more so that music i listened to some pod casts and dave gorman “genius” shows during the night. Just to keep the brain ticking over more than anything !

* i did find my self responding to any questions he asked his guests in the middle of the night on the lonely hours laps

trail_rat
    Free Member

Prodigy voodoo people and also more so that music i listened to some pod casts and dave gorman “genius” shows during the night. Just to keep the brain ticking over more than anything !

* i did find my self responding to any questions he asked his guests in the middle of the night on the lonely hours laps

sc-xc

I listened to the ricky Gervais xfm shows when i did it solo a few years ago. On the Sunday morning I was pushing up the Kenda climb crying with laughter. People were asking if I was Ok, I couldn’t speak.

Jamie
    Free Member

DnB.

Teetosugars
    Free Member
    swavis

Apollo 4-40

zaskar
    Free Member

The wind, countryside and the birds make my music.

And if I’m on the roadbike-horning from cars…

garlic
    Free Member

radoggair, good call on the depth charge 😉

my selection in order of preference…

http://sonicsunset.com/

http://www.trackwerk.net/

Beats In Space

http://www.detroitinstitute.org/

http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast.aspx
    you have to sign up for RA. only takes a minute tho.

stevomcd
    Free Member

What I mostly reach for at the top of a sweet singletrack section:

Muse – Map of the Problematique
    Iggy Pop – The Passenger
    The Pixies – Dig for Fire

windowshopper
    Free Member

Although I find the thought of an iPod while doing Mayhem a bit alien, what with the beauty of the dawn lap with just the sound of a smooth drivetrain, I must confess that one year I couldn’t get Enrique Iglesias’s “Escape” out of my head. So my advice is to programme anything you like just to avoid that nightmare.

Rikoshea
    Free Member

Rise Against
    Slackstring
    +44
    Angels & Airwaves
    System of a Down
    Biffy Clyro
    Linkin Park
    The Offspring
    Pigeon Detctives
    Are all on mine for the evening/morning shift, Zero 7 as the sun comes up is always a good one. Then i listen to the voices in my head, and my drivetain full of mud, and my aching bones ;0)

goldenwonder
    Free Member

At the moment there’s a mixture of Offspring, Foo Fighters, led zep & slackstring, but quite like some of the sugestions on here, so will be attacking itunes tomorrow!
    Many thanks

trail_rat
    Free Member

“I must confess that one year I couldn’t get Enrique Iglesias’s “Escape” out of my head. “

At the bannockburn challenge in nz i had kid rock all summer long stuck in my head , was going mental by the end!

and at 10 UTB i seemed to have shamrock stuck in my head ! till someone put on Kingofleon on the tannoy which was a relief !

kiwijohn

Joe Satriani, “Surfing with the alien”. Good fast guitar & no vocals. “Not of this earth” is also good

nicks
    Free Member

podcast from itunes – Dj Dunno

votchy
    Free Member

Can’t recommend anything to listen to but having seen a guy hold up loads of riders because he couldn’t hear them behind him (including one of the Giant team riders who to his credit remained very calm and polite in asking if he could pass) remember to think of others.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Music to ride (race) to’ is closed to new replies.