Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Music tagging/renaming/folder management software
  • chvck
    Free Member

Can anoyone recommend me some good, free software for tagging mp3’s and managing the folder structure? Itunes and the like do not cut it as I have a quite complex structure to my music that varies on genre.

gecko76

Mediamonkey, though you might need to upgrade to Gold depending on if you want to be converting stuff.

GrahamS

I just use iTunes and TuneUp but here are some suggestions:
    http://lifehacker.com/5266613/six-best-mp3-tagging-tools

I have a quite complex structure to my music that varies on genre

So iTunes just showing you a list of genres, then a list of albums in each genre isn’t complex enough? What’s your system??

Jamie
    Free Member

I find iTunes and some applescript, im on OSX, works quite well. If i remember back the dark days of using a PC i think tag ‘n’ rename used to be quite good.

Also curious to hear about these complex structures 😉

dobo
    Free Member

i use foobar2000 for most of my music needs, very configurable

chvck
    Free Member

Well for most of my music I do just use the genre/artist/album format but then anything that is a mix goes into a completely separate folder. Drum n bass is currently organised by Artist/Album but as a lot of it is singles i want to change it to Artist/Record Label/Album and I’m tempted to use sub-genre too. I might just write my own as I want to add a couple of fields to the ID3 tags anyway i.e. a check box for whether a track is a mix or not.

It’s not very complex I suppose I’m just very picky about my folder structure being right!

Lanesra
    Free Member

Another shout for tag and rename

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

Lanesra
    Free Member

curiousorange
    Free Member

I’ve always used a utility called, Tag Scanner

scaredypants

MP3 tag tools here, but I only use it for batch jobs – I don’t really categorise my music like you lot seem to

DrP

second tagscanner…

DrP

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

Media Monkey is the best by miles, especially if you’re starting a new collection. mp3tag is also very good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Music tagging/renaming/folder management software’ is closed to new replies.