Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • HELP!! Music suggetions please! My mind’s gone blank!!!
  • DezB
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    Dez, the DJ we are using has a massive selection of stuff we can request in advance via their website, we don’t need to source it ourselves

Cool, no worries.
    Milkie – I disagree, my wedding party was great – we just gave the DJ a list of MUST plays, so we got our faves in, a list of MUST NOT plays, so we didn’t get sh1t like you suggest and it worked really well. People danced, people rocked, people shoulder stomped (Tiger Feet!).

Milkie
    Free Member

Yea I’m not saying it works like that all the time. But it can happen. It can get a little annoying if the dancefloor is packed and the person demands certain songs to be played now, and the floor empties.

Sounds like the DJ has got it sorted and knows what he’s doing, I can certainly see how it makes it easier for the DJ and how it could make for a really good night. But I’ve seen a fair few events where the DJ has done what the person wanted, and hardly anyone danced as the choice of music was not to everyones taste.

DezB
    Free Member

I admit to being alone on the dance floor as the White Lines 12″ reached it’s 9th minute… I was happy though 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Calm now. ‘Tis done. Requests submitted. We only have 9 “must play” tracks so even if they suck it won’t be that bad…. 😉

But you gotta have House of Pain, right?
    :mrgreen:

chakaping
    Free Member

Hope you requested Hey Mickey by Toni Basil.

Impossible not to dance/sing along to if at a wedding reception.

ourmaninthenorth

Buy a “best of” Toots and the Maytals – you’ll be rocksteadying all night long.

“Pressure drop, pressure, oh yeah, pressure gonna drop on you…”

And some Ian Dury & the Blockheads

And ABSOLUTELY NO Come on Eileen…. (have Jackie Wilson Said, instead).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And ABSOLUTELY NO Come on Eileen

Apart from the cover by Save Ferris….
    🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘HELP!! Music suggetions please! My mind’s gone blank!!!’ is closed to new replies.