Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Music subscription services?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

I have downloaded spotify free, and I’m now thinking of getting a paid account but am I reight in thinking that the “download” is more of a lease so that you can play your stuffs offline? i.e, if you leave spotify, your downloads will disappear?
    I also read that it can just delete your stuffs as and when (if you don’t sign in for a month for example).
    Do they all work like this?
    Is spotify still the daddy or are there better services out there?

stumpy01

Dunno about deleting stuff if you don’t log-in for a month, but I would imagine that probably would happen.

Yeah, any stuff you download for offline is only while you are a subscriber; you are not buying the music permanently.

I am currently using Spotify premium having signed up to their 3 months for 99p offer.
    I like it, but there are times when the app on my Sony phone doesn’t work and I end up having to restart the phone. Can sometimes take a while to download stuff too, even though other stuff feeds quickly. Most of the time it works fine.
    I keep meaning to try other services to see how they compare.

olly2097
    Free Member

Google music.

Upload 50000 of your own mp3s for streaming.
    Unlimited streaming and downloads over WiFi/3g.
    Download and watch YouTube offline or can listen to YouTube music with the screen of.
    Works with Chromecast.

CountZero

olly2097 – Member
    Google music.

Upload 50000 of your own mp3s for streaming.
    Unlimited streaming and downloads over WiFi/3g.
    Download and watch YouTube offline or can listen to YouTube music with the screen of.
    Works with Chromecast.
    Buy a Fiio player with a couple of large MicroSDXC cards, then you can carry a load of your own music without ever having to worry about being in one of the huge areas of the world with zero wifi/3G/4G, or where you’re forbidden from having any device that can connect with the Internet, like where I work. My 160Gb iPod Classic is a godsend now I can no longer use my phone to stream the radio.
    Even in the centre of Bath it’s difficult to get 3G, I usually get the E symbol.

chvck
    Free Member

without ever having to worry about being in one of the huge areas of the world with zero wifi/3G/4G, or where you’re forbidden from having any device that can connect with the Internet, like where I work.

Most online services allow you to sync locally for just this type of scenario.

wrecker
    Free Member

Buy a Fiio player with a couple of large MicroSDXC cards, then you can carry a load of your own music without ever having to worry about being in one of the huge areas of the world with zero wifi/3G/4G, or where you’re forbidden from having any device that can connect with the Internet, like where I work. My 160Gb iPod Classic is a godsend now I can no longer use my phone to stream the radio.

My concerns too. 3G was in and out at the gym (very frustrating) so looking at a service thingy (to get offline music). I’m trying to weigh up the value (or lack of). It seems to get you by the short and curlies as if you want to quit the sub, you lose all of your music. I’m wondering if iTunes is better bang for buck.
    That Fiio looks very nice; bloody spendy though £300!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Music subscription services?’ is closed to new replies.