Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • music software
  • spchantler
    Free Member

does anyone use it? i’ve been using reaper with a lexicon omega interface, reaper keeps crashing, and the lexicon keeps giving error messages. troubleshooted, reloaded drivers, etc, no joy. hair nearly all torn out, do i have to buy pro tools or is their something else?
    cheers
    ps, i don’t really know what i’m doing, trying to learn as i go…

john_drummer
    Free Member

I use Sonar by Cakewalk. Not sure of the price today but it must be cheaper than Pro Tools

d45yth
    Free Member

I used to use Reason. I used to love it, I think that was with coming from a hardware background though.

colournoise

I currently use Renoise, but while it’s pretty powerful it has an interface (old skool tracker style) that many don’t get on with.

If I was still on Windows I think I would still be using Ableton Live – brilliant concept and immensely powerful.

Caveat is that I am very much a sequencing and programming type and do VERY little live recording of audio or MIDI.

slainte ➡ rob

spchantler
    Free Member

nice one, thanx so far, i’m trying to record live mainly, and its windows. found the reaper forum, i should have looked there first 🙄
    tell you what, its not at all like stw….

colournoise

Might be worth asking here too – http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/index.php?sid=9ffaf3525702b8bcae6fb7f66206ee70

slainte 😀 rob

plumber
    Free Member

Ableton live for me. Utterly brilliant

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I use Logic Pro at college. It’s pretty fantastic and I’d love to have a Mac so I could actually use it at home. It has loads of samples, from Steinway pianos to a Tr-808 and there’s lots of room for creating your own synthesizers, which will take up large lumps of your life.

Logic audio – fantastic

Pro tools – what the industry uses

Apple have bought both copyrights so need a mac to run. IMO everything else is for bedroom dj’s

schrickvr6
    Free Member

IMO everything else is for bedroom dj’s

IMHO YO is a load of tosh.

d45yth
    Free Member

+1

TheFlyingOx

Have played with both FruityLoops and Ableton Live.

FruityLoops is great for a beginner, oldskool tracker interface.
    Ableton Live is breathtaking. I’m certain that 99% of its functions remained unused when I was tinkering about with it.

dogbert
    Free Member

Reason for me, Cubase used to be good but I fell out with it a few years ago.

As someone that studied music for 4 years at uni, worked for bbc, sound recordist and engineer for several low budget films. Worked at steelworks studios, Bob Marley & Axis. Worked with many recording artists including longpigs and Gomez. Midi programmer for super furry animals.

My opinion is just my opinion

plumber
    Free Member

Midi programmer for super furry animals.

Now that is brilliant

grahamb
    Free Member

Live +1

Plus some u-he synths & valhalla fx. Bliss. 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘music software’ is closed to new replies.