Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Music scrapbook – thoughts and opinions?
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

So anyhow, I’ve been playing around with abelton and teaching myself over the last few months, and I’m curious to hear opinions.

Now these aren’t songs, far from it. These are just one take wonders, play whatever comes to mind type stuff, then a wee play around with Abelton. None of it is even close to complete, and probably never will be, I may take one or 2 ideas going forward but that’ll probably be about it.

Basically no-one has heard this apart from me. So the point is this, is really just to hear some random thoughts of people on my learning process. As that’s all this as.

Any how if you can be bothered to listen to this nonsense, let me know what you think. 😆 Probably about 30/40 minutes or so.

Best to listen through ear/headphones, i’ve never listen to any of this through speakers/monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/joe-connoe

hypnotoad
    Free Member

It’s nice to build up a music sketchbook of ideas. Often it’s the 7th or 8th idea is the one that stands out.

I’ll check out the soundcloud 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

good man!

Though I’m surprised at this board though, putting myself right out there for pelters and there’s no takers! 😆

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

There’s a lot of that, that sounds like me playing about with my looper pedal. 😀
    What you’re doing is a great way to learn how to put musical parts together.
    Is Abelton a recording studio app or a backing track writer ? I’ll have to check it out, it sounds decent.

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye it is just playing around with loops alot of it and recording cutting up then recording over the top. lot of it is lacking verses and chorus or any structure what so ever, but that’s not really been my focus just now, just playing around with sounds and the tools. Next step is to actually build something more sturctured and combing parts and see what happens there. (kinda why i’m posting this stuff up, I feel i’m at a natural step to a learning a different part.)

it’s entirely just a hobby though! I’m under no illusions of granduer, nor have any ambitions beyond the hobby level!

Aye, Abelton is pro software more geared toward dance music mind, but not limited to, bloody good so it is and can be used as a performance tool aswell, really user friendly. i splashed out and bought the full bhoona! had a bit of spare cash! 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Interesting… 🙂 I listened to a few snippets. I like the dubby sound of the first one. I don’t think it’s as interesting for other listeners as it is for you really.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s as interesting for other listeners as it is for you really.

Aye i can defo understand that.

john_drummer
    Free Member

nicely done 🙂

jamj1974

I like all of that except ‘b’. Some sounds a little like excerpts from Wah Wah by James (positive in my book!). At this stage there is a lot I would play in the background – because it’s not fully structured I would enjoy it as ambient music.

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye no idea what b is, just playing around with the sequencer and no guitar, i have plenty other daft bits like that! this isn’t the total of my nonsense, loads of other wee odd snippets kicking about that are just noise really. 😆

DezB
    Free Member

My comment wasn’t meant to be as negative as it may have come across! 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    My comment wasn’t meant to be as negative as it may have come across!

i never took it as negative! 😆 i’ve a brass neck any how so do your worst! 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

Link’s changed. Not that’s there’s much interest! 😆

jamj1974

I wouldn’t worry – those of us that listened are positive!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Music scrapbook – thoughts and opinions?’ is closed to new replies.