Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Music player unit with hard disk?
  • I’ve got the cheaper one of these with a 1TB drive. It’s OK and was much cheaper and less faff than anything else I looked at. (eg Sonos with NAS)

http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/

You can stream from it as well if you can be arsed.

The more expensive one is supposed to be a bit more HiFi. Perhaps you could “audition” it 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, looked at those, probably would’ve been perfect, but I didn’t like the price.

nemesis
    Free Member

Er, yeah, precisely what I said, the post above your one, like.

Yeah, I somehow missed your post. Still, great minds and all that 🙂

stumpy01

Keep meaning to get round to buying a Zyxel NAS. This one:

http://www.ebuyer.com/579332-zyxel-nsa325-v2-2-bay-power-plus-nas-diskless-1-6ghz-cpu-nsa325v2-eu0101f

Annoyingly, they were doing it a couple of weeks ago with a free 1Tb WD Red drive. Should have got it then.

Always seems to be something else more important that needs buying though…..

oliverd1981
    Free Member

How about something like a Roku or a WDTV live they’ll take a Big USB drive full of music and you control them over wifi. You don’t have to use the video-out- but it might be be handy so you can flick the TV on to browse your collection.

DezB
    Free Member

I should thank cbmotorsport for his suggestion what I went wiv.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Synology NAS. Not an expensive one

They don’t do cheap though do they. A solid choice I think but how is it working out in practice?

stayhigh

All of this is a bit greek to me but sounds like a good solution. Am I right in thinking that you connect said Synology/other NAS unit to your modem and that would beam it to your ‘spare android phone’?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Music player unit with hard disk?’ is closed to new replies.