Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Music in parks
  • Pook

i realise I sound like a grumpy old man, but i don’t care.

Today we went to Clumber Park – kids on bikes or trailers and then went for a picnic up on the field after.

First thing, while we were bulding a den with sticks in the woods, a group crank up a bluetooth speaker with some crap wishy washy stuff pumping out followed by autotune garbage.

Next up, a family rocks up, pitches a 30′ gazebo and then some gonk starts belting out ed sheeran, with amp and guitar.

Taking the piss?

martinhutch

Yes.

Next.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RustySpanner

Grind it up ‘pon the dancefloor,

They’ll soon stop…

Embarrassment – the middle aged man’s secret weapon.

CountZero

CF is showing the correct response. It may not be exactly socially acceptable, but it’s nothing less than they deserve.
    Either that, or unleash the wolverines on their sorry asses!

RoterStern
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtko8MJBuRE[/video]
    Fairly typical afternoon on the bridge in the main park here. In fact I rode over this bridge earlier and there were three different bands playing.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

See also nobbers at parties with guitars

[video]http://youtu.be/8V_hCqO6UQs[/video]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I get it. Happens to me & Mrs EGF quite often.
    Goa, busy but quiet beach shack playing some mellow beachy stuff in the background when some drip from Leeds (he made it obvious) cranks his speaker up so that everyone from Fort Aguada to Calangute can hear it. So I had to stick my own earblobs in to drown the din.
    Last week up on Noses Point, Seaham. Me & the Mrs are sitting quietly in the car watching the sea go by & some old git rolls up next to us cranking out sodding brass band music!
    No peace.

tjagain

so say something to them!

chewkw
    Free Member

CFH got the best solution. I like! 😀

nickc

I read threads like these and I’m grateful that in many ways I not the demographic of this forum

i realise I sound like a grumpy old man,

People enjoying themselves, god forbid eh? If you want solitude and peace and quiet, don’t go to the park, they used to have bands playing for goodness sake. There’s enough non municipal space where the sorts of folk you want to avoid, don’t tend to go.

Pook

Even the people watching him looked uncomfortable.

rone

Today we went to Clumber Park – kids on bikes or trailers and then went for a picnic up on the field after

I’ve never come across that at Clumber but have seen my fair share of idiots.

Speak to the NT next time – they take enough money these days for CP.

slowoldman

I bet they had builders’ bums too and left their empty Stella cans in the grass.

philxx1975
    Free Member

First thing, while we were bulding a den with sticks in the woods, a group crank up a bluetooth speaker with some crap wishy washy stuff pumping out followed by autotune garbage.

So, you rocked up, started rearranging the place and then complain when someone who isn’t actually changing the place around to suit their needs turns up.

IRONY much?

doris5000

there’s probably an interesting debate to be had about the difference in attitude to public / private spaces exhibited by those who live in shared houses until they’re 35 (see current Govt policy) vs those who bought houses at 24 for £9 19s 6d and didn’t really spend large chunks of their adult lives living communally…

this thread might not be the place for it tho 😆

teasel
    Free Member

I bet they had builders’ bums too

This bloomin’ font! I genuinely read that as builders’ burns and wondered why it would be a trade injury thing.

Then it clicked about a second later…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Music in parks’ is closed to new replies.