Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Music. Albums you like not considered the artists best.
  • binners

i’m a massive Roses fan, and the Second Coming is far better than the Stone Roses first album IMHO

There. I’ve said it.

Crag
    Free Member

From a similar era, I think that Squirrel and G-Man Twenty Four Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile is a far better album than Pills Thrills, Bummed et al from the Happy Mondays.

binners

Crag – agreed. The Mondays always sounded at their chaotic ramshackle best before the glossy production

Squidlord
    Free Member

Shoot me, but the last “proper” Echo and the Bunnymen album – the eponomously titled one – is my favourite of theirs. Probably because it was the first one I heard.

porlus
    Free Member

Another one for Metallica Load and Reload. They got massive flack for these albums. But ignoring anything they recorded before and take them for what they are. I think they have some amazing songs. Bleeding me and outlaw torn are awesome. Imagine a totally new band writing songs like that, they would have been applauded.

porlus
    Free Member

I like Shades Of God by PL. Not really heard their stuff since then.

Check out the new one “Tragic Idol” its good, very good. Vocals not growling anymore, but muscially its harking back to the older style. Would say its one of the best albums they have produced.

jamj1974

binners – Member
    i’m a massive Roses fan, and the Second Coming is far better than the Stone Roses first album IMHO
    There. I’ve said it.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Sorry Binners you are wrong. I love Second Coming but it’s just not as good as The Stone Roses – which is just flawless. I often agree with you but not this time!

billyboulders
    Free Member

Second Coming is far better

Another massive long term Roses fan here, Second Coming isn’t better but it is as good as the first album just in a different way. The thing is The Second Coming was perhaps not what people were expecting and that’s why its often criticised. If that album had been released by a band other than the Stone Roses it would rightly be hailed as the stone cold classic masterpiece it is. (imo)

avdave2

REM – Fables of the Reconstruction.

Cletus
    Free Member

Darklands – The Jesus and Mary Chain
    Henry’s Dream – Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

AD

Pink Floyd – Momentary Lapse of Reason
    Iron Maiden – Piece of Mind
    Deacon Blue – ooh Las Vegas

jimpy
    Free Member

teenage fanclub – a catholic education (love the album, hate all their other stuff)
    dinosaur jr – green mind
    radiohead – Pablo honey
    pulp – his ‘n’ hers

and

take that (oh, hang on, I still hate all their rubbish) 🙂

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Pixies – Trompe Le Monde

mattjg
    Free Member

Iron Maiden Killers
    UFO Strangers In the Night (usually I think live albums are pants)

toppers3933
    Free Member

Blur- the great escape.

binners

Just to argue with Jimpy – Teenage Fanclub – shadows is utterly beautiful! Though I’ve presently got Grand Prix on 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

U2 The Unforgettable Fire

trailertrash

Pink Floyd’s Animals

mt
    Free Member

Bowie…Low

Love especially side 2.

chakaping
    Free Member

Pixies – Trompe Le Monde

That’s what I was gonna say. I know hardcore fans and critics seem to prefer their more abrasive, earlier work – but I think the songwriting and production on the last album was just magnificent.

Really like Bossanova too. Seems to get more interesting with age.

😯

chakaping
    Free Member

teenage fanclub – a catholic education (love the album, hate all their other stuff)

My fave TFC album too.

I like their later material but it is a bit Big Star tribute band-y.

Had to listen to this…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctYYFETItUc[/video]

CaptainSlow

Floyd – the final cut
    Iron maiden – the X factor
    Metallica – load/reload

BoardinBob

U2 – Zooropa

Coyote
    Free Member

Killing Joke – Brighter than a Thousand Suns

Never been acknowledged as one of their best but kindles a hell of a lot of special memories for me.

SkillWill
    Free Member

Pink Floyd’s Animals

Came here to say the same.

ransos
    Free Member

The thing is The Second Coming was perhaps not what people were expecting and that’s why its often criticised.

Nah, if I wanted a Led Zeppelin album, I would buy one.

Anyway, is OK Computer considered to be Radiohead’s best? Because I far prefer The Bends.

jamj1974

BoardinBob – Member
    U2 – Zooropa

+1

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Music. Albums you like not considered the artists best.’ is closed to new replies.