Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Music Albums that are "better" now than when they were released??
  • cinnamon_girl

onlysteel – that’s interesting but do you not think that some gigs, regardless of who’s playing, can be quite flat? Sorry to hear that you were so disappointed, as a matter of interest who was in his band?

First time I saw him was in 1974, he was building up quite a reputation so needed to know what the fuss was about. He was on fine form and didn’t disappoint. In fact his performance, as well as many others, has not long been released as a CD collection for the 40th anniversary of Knebworth Festival. Sound quality’s a bit rubbish though!

senorj

My Bloody Valentine-Loveless

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Pearl Jam- Ten.

Seems to get better and better.

Considering, also, how many bands have been influenced by them. One of the best albums of all time.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Endtroducing.. is nearly 20 years old

Oh ##%* really? That’s unleashed a random shattering personal mortality wakeup event.

chakaping
    Free Member

Pixies – trompe le monde.

Liked it well enough when it came out but grows on me more and more whenever I dig it out. Despite many fans regarding it as a sell out, it’s one of my favourite albums of the 1990s.

onlysteel
    Free Member

CG – Can’t remember who was playing behind him. What sticks in my mind is people getting up and leaving, tho’ we stuck it out. At the end the crowd filed out in virtual silence – no end of show buzz whatsoever. Angry comments in the foyer afterwards.
    Agree that on occasion you’ll see someone on an off night, but in my experience there is almost always something positive you can take away from the experience. Nothing that night.

Anyhow, think we’ve digressed from the thread. I’m keen to go back to Dylan’s ‘Basement Tapes’ original release. Prompted by the recent Bootleg Series release. LP12 is in the attic so may have to check out the remastered CD. Altho’ the recent release is obviously pieced together from less than pristine out-take tapes, there is a fabulous loose, rolling swagger to the material I’ve listened to so far – 3 CD’s in. Got to be time for me to revisit the ’75 release.

senorj

Television-marquee moon.

egb81
    Free Member

El-P – Fantastic Damage.

It was amazing when it came out in 2002, it sounds even better now. Such a forward thinking record that it still sounds like it was recorded in the future.

razorrazoo

Listening to a lot of Smashing Pumpkins at the moment, never really got into them back in the early 90s. In particular Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

I agree with the sentiment that tastes change, but I think some music is just ‘of the time’ and dates really badly (especially that which is just the ‘me too’ stuff that comes in any wave of music pop or otherwise), but some just always sounds good however old it is.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Music Albums that are "better" now than when they were released??’ is closed to new replies.