Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Muse = brain fat rant
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

FFS without knowing you’re being suckered, you may as well just stick to x factor, have you ever EVEN listened to Jeff Buckley? don’t you see that they have just ripped him & radiohead off in order to gleam cash from ignorant CALL YOURSELVES HAPPY MEAL ALTERNATIVE “music fans”, right up there with “reality tv & talent(less) shows. ARSECAKE! DIET MUSESICK!

what a load of guff, burn all your muse NOW! go out and re-educate yourself IMMEDIATELY!

go watch Jeff Buckleys chicago 13th may 1995 concert, I’m not gonna give you links because you have to do it for yourself, stop listening to fast food music, don’t eat that shit it makes your brain obese with music by numbers brain fat ignorance.

DON’TR EVEN GET ME STARTED ON COLDPLAY!!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

go girl

philconsequence
    Free Member

*hug*

someone been encroaching on your allotment again?

Stuey01
    Free Member

Jeff Buckley is dead. He made one album, generally that is not enough for a record collection. Besides most Muse sounds f*ck all like Jeff Buckley.

MrNutt
    Free Member

AND PUTTING THAT TRIPE IN YOUR EARS WILL MAKE YOU GHEY.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Jeff Buckley is dead. He made one album

One can only assume MrNutt has a very small record collection in that case.

For the record (pun not entirely intended) I quite like Muse.

VanHalen

muse were amazing when i saw them at glastonbury.

i dont really get on with their recorded stuff but they rate up there with biohazard, rolf harris (you had to be there), pitch shifter and orbital in my all time best gigs list.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Muse don’t sound remotely like either Coldplay or Radiohead. Wot are you on about?

meehaja
    Free Member

Muse used to be a good british rock band. Now they make boring pro rock, where every song sounds the same. I was backstage at glasto for their final track (not as cool as it sounds, I was working) and it was just boring noise to me. Sorry, I don’t rate them.

verses

i dont really get on with their recorded stuff but they rate up there

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s found that. Seen them at various festivals and thought “WOW!”, then heard the CDs and thought “Meh…”.

Haze

I used to think there was something in the Radiodhead-lite tag they have, but I’m not sure they sound that much like them tbh, particularly Rh’s later stuff.

Don’t like them, don’t dislike them either…

slowjo
    Free Member

I reckon they sound quite a lot like Queen.

I have a few of their CDs… I keep hoping they won’t sound like Queen but I am always disappointed.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Muse: I bought their first album. I’ve never felt the need to buy another of their albums, given they’ve done nothing different on any of them … cracking gigs live mind.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I imagine the people at Q magazine spunk all over this type of over-dramatic bilge

whippersnapper
    Free Member

slowjo +1

They’ll be wanting to ride their bicycles soon.

trailmonkey

Now that’s what I call good rantin’

Go Nutt.

warton
    Free Member

I saw Muse live when they’re first album came out, they were good. Coldplay were supporting them, they were shit.

bigyinn
    Free Member

pitch shifter = shit pifter

Saw them years ago at the Glasgow Barrowlands opening for Sepultura or Machine Head. Rubbish rubbish rubbish. Sorry.

Oh and Muse bore me also.

ChrisL

I like Radiohead. I started liking Muse as they started to sound less like Radiohead. I was disappointed with them when I saw them at the SECC last year, though. Technically very good but a certain spark I like in live performances didn’t seem to be there. Their latest album is patchy, too, but there’s a couple of moments on it that are so blatantly Queen that I can’t help but grin when I hear them.

Kato

Kate Hudson though! The boy did good

Coyote
    Free Member

I have all Muse CDs, yet to see them “live” (as opposed to recording of gigs). Nutt, you’ve lost the plot.

As to them sounding like Queen? Maybe one track on the last album.

Excellent band IMO.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What an idiot you are, Nutt. 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

Of all the arse music out there, I’m amazed Muse would cause such feeling. You realise that they must actually be good to produce such negative rage in someone? If they were completely average you wouldn’t even notice them. I’m going to have to check out their stuff now.
    Jeff Buckley had a good voice, I suppose.

mustard
    Free Member

ChrisL – that’ll just be the SECC. That big soulless hanger of a place could rip the heart out of even the best bands performances. There would need to be something really-really-once-in-a-lifetime special (or an invite from a hottie 😀 )on to get me to go to another gig there!

richmtb

Quite like Muse, new album not their best though.

Thats about as worked up as I can get on the subject

chvck
    Free Member

I think that Origin of Symmetry is an excellent album and Absolution is OK too. When I saw them live just after Absolution came out I thought they were really good. Haven’t heard much of their stuff after those albums though!

Garry_Lager

Don’t mind them tbh, some good tunes. I’m all for raging at anodynity in rock music but they don’t seem a worthy target for people’s ire.

They’re everyone’s wife / girlfriend’s favourite rock band though, they could use a dash of testosterone now and again.

DaRC_L

<crawls out from under prog’ rock>

I quite like the latest album 😆 but then I also listen to R3

<crawls back under>

philconsequence
    Free Member

you know what they says:

you gets dem womens you gets dem moneys

i saw them before they released their first album…. brilliant live, really enjoy the first album (showbiz), and like a few tracks out of what they’ve released since. agreed they need more testosterone…. a dash of this perhaps? :

(NSFW lyric content)
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxKr5bw9YiI&feature=related[/video]

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I bought their first album. I’ve never felt the need to buy another of their albums, given they’ve done nothing different on any of them

Are you deaf or have you not actually heard any of their other albums?? 😯

Coyote
    Free Member

“Bliss” is an amazing track and who, when in a band, wouldn’t have loved to write “Plug in Baby”.

Of course, this is real crap…

sofatester
    Free Member

MUSE RULE*!

Thread closed

*Who are Muse?

Northwind

MrNutt, are you an NME journalist that’s fallen through a crack in space and time from 1998?

“mustard – Member

ChrisL – that’ll just be the SECC. That big soulless hanger of a place could rip the heart out of even the best bands performances”

Nah, fair play, I saw them twice on that tour and they were ghosts of what they can be. Very little crowd interaction, musically excellent but very workmanlike. And a bit of a shonky setlist too. Then again I would say that, I didn’t like the new album that much.

“bigyinn – Member

pitch shifter = shit pifter

Saw them years ago at the Glasgow Barrowlands opening for Sepultura or Machine Head. Rubbish rubbish rubbish. Sorry.”

Bad Religion maybe? Pitchshifter went a bit wrong towards the end. Ah but once upon a time they were up there with the best IMO.

Saw Muse live at Nottingham Arena a few years ago and it was a mind blowing show.

Saying that, liked their older stuff, but the newer stuff is a bit shit.

Comparing them to Coldplay is akin to comparing Led Zep to Europe though.

Keane, Snow Patrol, Editors, et al can **** right off though.

Oh, and early Queen rocked – Freddy’s vocal talent is unrivalled.

CountZero

Muse sound nothing at all like Jeff Buckley, and I’ve got both of his studio albums. That’s two, not one. Muse really do sound uncannily like Queen on their latest stuff, but that’s fine, ‘cos I rather like Queen, or at least Queen 2, one of my favourite albums. Muse sound more like Queen than they do with Paul Rogers, almost universally derided by actual Queen fans. Move along, now, nothing to see here, nothing to get worked up about.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Muse = brain fat rant’ is closed to new replies.