Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • muscular strain :Lat quad muscle & its tendon
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

I've picked up a training injury.
    It's the point at which my Lat Quad muscle ties into its tendon.
    It's sore to the touch and it's isolated in that it's not affecting any other part of the muscle or the band.
    I've been to Park Physio’ in Watford and they put me through my paces.

Crikey I'm stiff and inflexible!
    I know this and tried last year to address it but it seemed to make no difference.
    Anyhow, I've had some ultrasound and I'm back there on Friday with some stretches to de before then.

Has anyone had a similar issue with the same muscle / tendon? If so, any recommendations or comments?

woody71
    Free Member

sounds very similar to a problem that i've got at the moment. I have been training hard recently and week before last developed really sore/tight tendons that join the lat quad and quad that runs down front of thigh to the patella. It seems to also be pulling the patella out of alignment. I am about to embark on some physio as well and will no doubt get a stretching and strengthening programme – but really worried as have 3 weeks to the transalp. At the moment i cant go for more than an hour two without it flaring, god knows how it'll cope with 8 alps stages. Woody

Ti29er
    Free Member

It happened about 2 weeks ago.
    I've really been caning it up some 5 min hill climbs locally, balls-out, as fast as I can, pukesville, and loving the speed and power I've discovered even if I've felt like death!
    Then it flared up on the way back from a 4.5hr session and I limped home for the last 45 mins.
    Took a road bike out and it played up after an hour but rode 'round it mostly; 3hr session. Tried the other mtn bike and lasted 30 mins at the w/end.

REST.
    Nothing much I can do about it but rest up. No Merida. No push to go for top 5 pairs at Bonty.

If you & I have the same issue, no way Trans Alp.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I developed a quad insetion strain in Feb. Came on while out on an all nighter, what should have been a quick 40 mile spin home turned into hours of intense pain. The smallest inclines had me in the granny ring and a very low cog out back … stood up! Legs just refused to make any power and the pain was something very special. Lots of massage helped but if I'm honest I can still feel it now if I really put the hammer down … but I imagine that's not what you wanted to hear.

Ti29er
    Free Member

I told the guys in the group in which I ride that I'll hook up with them again next year & my scheduled events I've either cancelled, transferred to 2011 or given away thus far.

I'm looking at other ways of maintaining a CV fitness but I don't swim (another injury).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘muscular strain :Lat quad muscle & its tendon’ is closed to new replies.