Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • "Muscle men"
  • zippykona

I’ve had to roll my eyes twice in the last week due to this phenomena.
    Yesterday I saw a man with a t shirt that proclaimed ” I would flex but I like this shirt” ,
    He only had biceps marginally larger than mine which he had to inspect on a regular basis. Seeing as I fall into the before picture category I thought this was somewhat laughable.
    The second chap was a bit larger but he had his best vest on so that we could all admire his physic. As he walked he had that ” my pecs are so large I have to walk with my arms out sideways at 45 degrees ” gait. Problem was there was clear daylight twist arms and torso.
    I can’t remember what was emblazoned upon his chest but I think it was along the lines of “I can pick things up”.
    As is the way amongst junior execs these days they work out at the gym .When given the opportunity at the spa we frequent they thrust out their shaven ,manly torsos (they always have skinny legs though) for us all to admire.
    There they stand with their page 3 stunna girlfriends, Kings of all they survey. Photos of flexes , blonde pouts and selfies of smugness are taken upon spangle encrusted iPhone 6s.
    Then emerging from the changing rooms are our gallant knights of retribution. Those who make the 5 series brigade feel as inadequate as the rest of us.
    England rugby team …. Thank you.
    There’s pouncing about in a gym , then there’s those guys.
    Hats doffed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Triangle Man!

jimjam
    Free Member

Disco muscles.

maccruiskeen

Maybe, they’re trying to entice in Purple Aki?

Don’t say it 3 times!! I grew up in St Helens. It was the strangest proto-social media phenomenon when there was this wave of hysteria and surprise across the internet about 10 years ago of “**** hell! Purple Aki is real!”

Coyote
    Free Member

monkeychild
    Free Member

Don’t say it 3 times!! I grew up in St Helens. It was the strangest proto-social media phenomenon when there was this wave of hysteria and surprise across the internet about 10 years ago of “**** hell! Purple Aki is real!”

I grew up in Ashton-in-Makerifeld and during the early 90s Aki “was the threat” 😆

seadog101

Them in the gym with a baseball cap on backwards are on my list.

Does baffle when a certain chap in the gym at work sits on the bench, then gets two other people to pick up some massive dumb-bells off the floor for him so he can then push them into the air. ???? Wha? then take them off him when he’s done.

binners

As someone who grew up in Warrington, everyone spoke of Purple Aki in hushed, terrified tones.

i do find it amusing when Mr Pumping Iron gets a bit older, and they can’t be arsed spending 5 hours a day at the gym any more. They go a really funny shape. Particularly where roids have been involved. A bit like this….

maccruiskeen

during the early 90s Aki “was the threat”

Before I totally cottoned on to the rumours I was was having difficulty distinguishing between Purple Aki and Purple Ronnie. I’d seen the Purple Ronnie mugs before I heard the Purple Aki threat and got them muddled. So when I heard the thread ‘……..or Purple Aki will get you’ I thought ‘well that seems fine surely he’s pretty harmless – what’s he going to do? Read me a whimsical poem?’.

theotherjonv

I read the article last night and according to him you’ve all ruined his life. He’s not a sex pest, he just admires your muscles.

slackboy

ironic?

maccruiskeen

Its a great article. Its weird that he could have become myth in the way that it did – I don’t think the internet would allow mystery like that to persist anymore. But even when you take away the mystery the facts are just baffling.

The stuff about ASBOs is particularly interesting – the idea that it can create a taylor made crime that only one person commit. So squeezing muscles is a crime only Aki can commit, its not really clear why but ‘being a passenger in a car that isn’t a taxi’ is a crime only he can commit too.

I hadn’t spotted the link at the bottom of that article – apparently theres a BBC3 documentary online – I’ll have to check it out

lunge

Oh yes, we have a few of those round here. You can tell who they are as they wear vests and trousers to the gym.

Personally I hone my physique in the exact opposite way, I have pretty damn good legs but absolutely no upper body at all. Chris Froome is my body idol.

footflaps

You can tell who they are as they wear vests and trousers to the gym.

Yep, few of them in the local body builder’s gym next to work. Huge upper body and spindle legs in skin tight jeans…

BoardinBob

This is amazing

footflaps

Girl in my CF Box has that one…

A few also wear this one

retro83
    Free Member

Weird how widespread that was. He was a bogeyman down here in Essex in the mid to late ’80s.

jimjam
    Free Member

footflaps

Corn Flakes?

zippykona

My nephew is a good looking lad. Lays bricks and has plenty of arm muscles…..
    but he always wears a pair of jogging bottoms under his trousers.
    That picture above has made me realise why!

willard

JimJam.. Carbon Fibre. Take no chances with her escaping. It’s lighter and stronger than steel dontchaknow.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Corn Flakes?

Does she wear it whilst hangin’ with the raisin girls?

joeydeacon
    Free Member

The only things worse than those slogan gym tshirts are the vaping equivalents

monkeychild
    Free Member

TIL There are t-shirts for vaping. Wow!!

I proper laughed when I saw this flag in a Glasto clip the other year

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve now added Purple Aki to the list of things to be afraid of

shermer75
    Free Member

…and maybe CF boxes too

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Don’t forget your post-workout selfie !!!!!!

footflaps

Does she wear it whilst hangin’ with the raisin girls?

‘fraid not.

She did snap her arm during an arm wrestling comp though and was nice enough to put the vid on Youtube….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXMcalmces8[/video]

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I feel somewhat inadequate at work everyday……. 😕

theotherjonv

my mouse has hovered over the play button of that youtube vid several times now and I don’t know whether to press.

footflaps

my mouse has hovered over the play button of that youtube vid several times now and I don’t know whether to press.

Go on, it’s not that bad.

The scar on the back of her arm, where it was plated, is very impressive…

colp

An encounter with Purple Aki was pretty scary.
    He got me a couple of times in Liverpool when I was in my early 20s. I was going to the gym 4 times a week and in decent shape. He did the full feel my biceps thing, properly terrifying.

SiB
    Free Member

Was in my cycling gear yesterday walking in the underpass between St Georges Hall and Lime St station and there he was walking towards me, Purple Aki! We were the only two people there, walking towards each other, he didn’t look twice at me, gutted.

maccruiskeen

You need to invest in new cycling gear

shermer75
    Free Member

So what is a CF Box? Country File doesn’t quite fit and Castro’s Finger is just weird…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

my pecs are so large I have to walk with my arms out sideways

Lats, old boy, lats.

I appreciate that he was still a **** though.

Does baffle when a certain chap in the gym at work sits on the bench, then gets two other people to pick up some massive dumb-bells off the floor for him so he can then push them into the air. ???? Wha? then take them off him when he’s done.

Yeah, that’s an actual normal thing. It’s done to avoid positions where you might get injured. It happens when you get past starter weights. Get in position, then take the strain slowly, etc.

Girl in my CF Box has that one..

It’s a gym. Not a box. A gym. Mind you, crossfit is a whole nother topic.

maccruiskeen

Country File doesn’t quite fit and Castro’s Finger is just weird…

Christian Fellowship

‘Box’ is what the hip young god bothers call their chapel. 🙂

Houns

Not condoning what he did or the awful affect it had on the victims and their families, but reading that bbc article I do feel a little sorry for that Aki chap, he obviously isn’t right and needed some help

ekul
    Free Member

My mate at work is from Haydock and wasn’t impressed when I started laughing about the whole Purple Aki thing. He said it was a genuine concern for young lads in that area at that time and that one of his mates was made to do pressups whilst Aki straddled him. He also told me he once tried to do his thing with Andy Farrell on his was home from school. Apparently AF put an end to it pretty sharpish!

maccruiskeen

he obviously isn’t right and needed some help

I think the problem for him is the help he needs seems to be outside the scope or anyone that would help him. He seems to know he shouldn’t do what he’s doing, and he doesn’t seem to have ill-intentions, but he doesn’t seem to be able to stop himself either. But he’s so unique in his drive and MO that someone trying to help him presumably doesn’t know where to start.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘"Muscle men"’ is closed to new replies.