Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Murrayfield Parking.
  • brickwizard
    Free Member

heading up to watch Scotland v south Africa with kids next weekend whats my best options for parking??
    Normaly get the train in but with kids im keen to take car, any ideas?

RustyMac

Not too sure on the parking in Edinburgh just now, however on my way back up from Liverpool today I stopped at a little cafe which is I between the zoo and the stadium called the cocobean cafe. If you and the kids need food before the game I can highly recommend it.

rogg
    Free Member

Have you tried parkatmyhouse.com ? Park in someone’s driveway for less than a tenner a day. A few within walking distance of Murrayfield.

steveoath
    Free Member

If you get in early parking’s not too much of a prob at Murrayfield. Geting out requires patience though but its doable. I’ve did it many times with a minibus of 8-11 year olds.

jakey6873
    Free Member

You could park at newcraighall and get the train from there

stevemtb
    Free Member

What time is the game? Hearts are at home, not sure which day, hopefully they’ve staggered it.

Old BT building on gorgie (near McDonald’s) is closed now so has a massive car park that’s free. On street restrictions end about murrayfield so from there out you can park anywhere you can get a space – just not my street!!

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Park in Corstorphine and take one of the three buses that go in that way?

winstonsmith

Yeah, f-off from my street too 🙂

brickwizard
    Free Member

Think getting the train in from newcraighall to Haymarket is gona be our best bet.
    Would I be best pre-booking??

RustyMac

Would doubt it would be worth while. You will most probably have to change trains at Waverley. In which case it a 5 minute second train and I normally just stand in the doorway unless I see a seat.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Park somewhere on the side of Corstorphine Hill and walk down. Or maybe a better idea would be to park at the skate park and walk over.

kennyp
    Free Member

Take the tram to the ground. Oh hang on, I’m thinking of the 2015 6 Nations. Sorry.

ButtonMoon

Inverkeithing – free park & ride by bus or park at the train station (free parking if I remember correctly) …….
    Simples

Not sure if this is a better/worse location for you.

Enjoy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Murrayfield Parking.’ is closed to new replies.