Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Murray v Nadal tomorrow am!
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

His knee damage is limiting him now and will only get worse. A great player indeed but I think his career will be cut short.

HTTP404
    Free Member

What you and TJ on about 4 straight at roland garros, which may well be a record in the open era.

You obviously see his glass as half-full.

He withdrew his defence of the Wimbledon title due to recurrence of his knee tendinitis.
    Watching Nadal beat Federer on grass at his peak was an amazing match to watch.

I have knee tendinitis and know how painful and irritating it can be.

tails
    Free Member

To say he has been blighted and has not reached his potential is wrong, he has had one season out and it could be said he has already reached his potential very few players complete career grand slams. Murray won fair and square out there today.

anagallis_arvensis

carrying too much weight? cant imagine those bulging biceps are much help in tennis

iDave
    Free Member

carrying too much weight? cant imagine those bulging biceps are much help in tennis

yeah clearly he's struggled to break through to the top level….

anagallis_arvensis

I dont think that answers the question but if you want to act the simpleton feel free

tails
    Free Member

I very much doubt rafa is overweight, the game has changed over the decade from serve/volley to back of the court power game a good example being the williams sisters. In rafas case those biceps are what wins him countless titles as lesser players can't take the power, plus the fact he sends opponents from one side of the court to the other.

Be interesting to see how any kilometers his opponents put in during a set?

anagallis_arvensis

are biceps useful in tennis? surely if they were that useful all the pro's would have them?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA – what do you think the biceps does? Have you seen murrays? it was one of the things he has had to do to get near to Nadal is build up upper body strength.

anagallis_arvensis

none of the other players I've seen have a physic like nadal, Federer doesnt. In a hugely high impact game like tennis it does seem possible he has bulked up too much. Back, leg, shoulder and wrist strength would all seem more important than biceps.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Technique first. And then all things being equal thereafter – strength and speed.
    What Federer lacks in strength and speed Federer gains in superb technique.
    The technically gifted Martina Hingis was over-powered against the Williams sisters in the latter stage of her career.

Coasting
    Free Member

Im not sure Fed lacks anything in speed in fact id say he's one of the quickest,just makes it look effortless.Cant really compare Fed to the monsters that wont to hit the ball harder and harder.Think youll find the secret to Feds lack of injury is the way his game has a low impact on his body.We may find more players looking to his approach in the future to get some longivity out of there bodies.

mefty
    Free Member

Coasting you may be interested in this

tails
    Free Member

Looking good after the first set blip, very powerful shots, surely he has got to win a major in the next 2 years.

HTTP404
    Free Member

as usual Federer is looking awesome. and i'll be rooting for Andy to knock him off his smug perch – should Federer also progress.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Murray v Nadal tomorrow am!’ is closed to new replies.