Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Murray v Nadal tomorrow am!
  • cove123

so who will win.

matchs starts 8-8.30am bbc1/2 tomorrow.

I will go for Murray!

Junkyard
    Free Member

tennis with a british player* v another nationality then I go for the other nationality – works from many, many sports

* sorry he is british if he wins and Scottish if he looses -forgot that bit

twang
    Free Member

Nadal obviously…
    but whats more important is why have you got a pointy thing??

allthepies
    Free Member

I think the Scottish British bloke might just do it.

A Grand Slam tournament for him this yr.

cove123

!!!!twang why not? i just like them!!!!!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Nadal, Murray is too British to harm an innocent man's feelings and beat him.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Scottish/British argument aside, Murray is an utterly miserable git! You're being paid millions, doing really rather well and yet you sound like a sink estate geography teacher on valium.

Cheer the **** up!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cheer the **** up!

I watched the match on Sat/Sun and he looked pretty happy to me after some of the points! The first time he broke in the 3rd set was just genius. I just think he doesn't like the media side of things really; and why should he, he's a tennis player. I like his style, find him interesting to watch and hope he wins against Nadal.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

RichPenny, I stayed up and watched the game as well. He was clinical in the way he dismantled Isner (Jeebus he was BIG 😯 ). But that game in the third set where he got two completely give-up-able points one after the other was genius. The second time, I'm sure he disappeared off the right hand of my telly.

Did you happen to wait for that interview afterwards? Who TF was the guy? It was embarrassing. A cheesy American interviewing in the Autralian open? I mean, come on!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

By jove the boy has got it. Nadal is weakened atm and Murray should be able to put him down by making him run.

But the Fed is a like 20' high wall.

Good luck lad!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RichP, I meant more when he is off court, rather than on it.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Aye, that's the game I was on about, amazing stuff. The bloke interviewing him was Jim Courier, who won a slam or two himself. A knob though, agreed! Have you still got the orange road bike? Hope it's geting some use 🙂

tiggs121
    Free Member

Nadal in straight sets

Murray just seems to lack the big game mentality. Great player but not quite good enough I'm afraid

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh right, that's who he was…always had him as a bit taller than that…and not as much of an eejit!

Yes, it gets the odd outing (sorry to say, it's a bit of a pub bike these days, but it gets some use at least 🙂 , better than sitting around gathering dust. It does fly though (when I've had a few scoops 😉 )

I think he's (justifiably, after the whole "whoever's playing England" mess) nervous of saying the wrong thing when interviewed. I actually quite like him – and I really think he has a chance against Nadal. If he comes up against Fed though, I just can't see him winning. I'd love it, but Fed is looking at his best again.

allthepies
    Free Member

This year will be his year I reckon.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

When he wins a slam will he be a great British sporting hero? Until then he clearly is a stroppy Scottish get.

I rather like him and his slightly stroppy nerdy media face. At least he is not bland like Button or Hamilton.

I don't know if he will do it yet – but he is capable of beating anyone in the world at the moment – even Nadal although you would have to make Nadal favourite.

You do know he was tricked into the " anything but England" quote.

Dan67
    Free Member

I want Murray to win. Not really a Nadal fan because when he was brilliant he was like a robot. And he looks a tw@.

But I hate watching murray too much of a rollercoaster for me. He gets me too excited/nervous to watch easily. I want him to allways win I just cant watch him play

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes TJ, I know exactly in which context the England quote was made

RichPenny
    Free Member

When he wins a slam will he be a great British sporting hero?

Yep.

Until then he clearly is a stroppy Scottish get.

You may see him like that. I just think he likes to let his tennis do the talking. It was working the other day 🙂 From the stats, I think he made 8 unforced errors in 3 sets. I think it'll be tough for him to beat both Nadal and Federer in the same tournament. Nadal maybe, Federer probably not.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Who cares about the England quote – other than England football fans? Who lets face it, are used to losing or drawing to lesser teams. Murrays got some national pride, skill and determination to win.

He has lacked the edge in the big tournaments against big hitting opponents who've all been able to up their game just that teeny bit more.

But who knows? Maybe this time?

Nadal, also a great tennis player, potentially one of the greats if it were not for his dodgey knee caps.

Let the best man win.

tails
    Free Member

Murray to beat nadal 3 to 1, meeting fed in the final and being shown a master class by one of the greatest sportsmen ever.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well then…..let's see what happens!

cove123

Lets get ready to Rumble!! of to work now!!

Come on Murray!!!!!!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anyone watching? Sounds pretty tasty. Got to be impressed with going a break down and winning three on the trot.

tails
    Free Member

yay!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am watching it – both guys playing well and its going to be a test of endurance to some extent.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Get in! Two up!!

crazy-legs

It's on in the background as I'm working from home.
    Now I'm just waiting for the complaints of "spoiler"… 😉

Ti29er
    Free Member

Nadal's in trouble.
    Damn – I like the cut of his jib.

theflatboy
    Free Member

what a great match – murray's well on the way now…

AndyP
    Free Member

can he beat good players when they're not injured?

coogan
    Free Member

He seemed to beating him fine till he injured himself.

AndyP
    Free Member

you think he was fine up till that point? Still coming back from big problems and nowhere near full fitness.

tails
    Free Member

Well then…..let's see what happens!

Here you go CFH you can cut your own slice. 😉

Plus he beat him good and proper, that first set was some of his best.

theflatboy
    Free Member

when nadal had his trainer on he said to him that he had been fine in the first set, which murray won comfortably. so yep, he was doing alright against a fit nadal up to well into the second set.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Nadal, also a great tennis player, potentially one of the greats if it were not for his dodgey knee caps.

Nadal's career has been blighted by this and it's a shame.
    As for Murray's win today – good performance but still two tough games away from the title.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>can he beat good players when they're not injured?<

You mean like when he beat Nadal when he wasnt injured?

Daft question tbh – surely the only issue is does he have the head game to pull off a major?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice interview at the end as well. Even a couple of jokes.

I didn't see Nadal as limited by injury during the match but maybe he was. It is a shame when any sportsman does not reach their potential due to injury.

whatever – It a great win add Murray is playing better than ever.

cove123

a win is a win, he served well compared to earlier matches and did not do his normal day-dream once a set or 2 up and let nadal back in.

onwards and upwards see you all thursday morning!!

tails
    Free Member

Nadal's career has been blighted by this and it's a shame.

What you and TJ on about 4 straight at roland garros, which may well be a record in the open era.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Murray v Nadal tomorrow am!’ is closed to new replies.