Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • murray djokovic
  • tails
    Free Member

What are you guys thinking, Murray in 5 for me.

somafunk

I think it could well be Murrays, he seems to cope much better with pressure these days and his fitness is up there with the best of them.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Tough one to call – gunfight at the o k corral?

Murray is a unit now from a fitness POV and I think the loss of a set will be shrugged off but if he turns up with a low % first serve / the old AM 2nd serve then he’s mincemeat.

Not a fan of Djokovic “to watch” A phenomenal player but I much prefer the Murray / Federer type of match.

Anyway, as a Scot I really hope he pulls it off. Shame on those who give him stick on here – he really is in a different league from anyone else GB has produced in the last X decades.

athgray
    Free Member

It is a shame Nadal is not fit. I reckon a close match between Nadal and Murray would be a good watch.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anyway, as a Scot I really hope he pulls it off. Shame on those who give him stick on here – he really is in a different league from anyone else GB has produced in the last X decades.

He is and if he had come along at any other time he would have won a lot more by now. Only thing is how miserable he looks! Mind you the only time he smiled in the federa match was just before he lost the 4th….

thekingisdead
    Free Member

FTFY 😀

Can’t stand the MUrray bashing in the media / on here. Murrays only concern is being the best tennis player he can be, why should he give a f*** about smiling and pleasing the media!? Kimi raikonen doesn’t and people seem to like him.
    I don’t think people realise how good the top echelons of men’s tennis is at the moment. Del Potro and Murray are the only two players to have won a major other than federer, nedal or djokovicv since 2005!

toys19
    Free Member

I hope he wins, I’m not a fan and I don’t feel patriotic over him the way I’m supposed to, but he deserves it now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rumours are that Nadal is serving a drugs ban.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Rumours or just a throw away comment?

cynic-al
    Free Member

What did I say?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

More dodgy Spanish steak? 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

True, just googled it and there are rumours but how any ban would be kept quiet I’m not sure.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Knee injuries ring true for Nadal though, and might stuff up any comeback, purely because of his kooky style puts massive strain on his knees.

I also thing Nadal might actually have problems with Murray now, as Murray is more consistently aggressive, as opposed to being aggressive for a set and then backing off. And his forehand seems to have gained a little, both in power and range of angle, which seems to be thanks to Lendl.

Nadal has suffered in matches where Federer, Murray or Djoc have really pressed him hard, as his style means that he hits the ball further back in his stance, and he is then slower to the next ball.

And it seems that the speed and weight of shot of a lot of the other players has gone up, so they are also more used to playing the massively heavy balls that Nadal fires, with his huge rate of topspin. Plus Murray is even stronger physically now, to cope with Nadals spin.

Murrays remaining problem, judging from yesterday, is falling back to the slow second serves that used to blight him.

But how good would Murray have been if he had grown up learning to play with a better style, say more like Federers groundstrokes? He has a huge amount of talent, very fast footwork, and very good hands. What would he be with better groundstrokes, considering the fitness he now has.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

BIG GAME there for Murray

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘murray djokovic’ is closed to new replies.