Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • murder on your doorstep
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I live in a small town and I know of four moiders since I’ve been here.
    The closest one made national news, that was one were the unwanted husband was despatched with a hammer.
    Then we had a small time drug dealer killing, the knife was thrown up onto our garage roof and the killer hid over the road.
    We’ve had two fights that have lead to deaths. But mainly it’s quiet now as all the trouble was between two sets of brothers and they seem to have made themselves extinct.

andym
    Free Member

LOL @ BWD.

-m-
    Free Member

I had a (Brazilian) colleague who was taking part in an MTB event in Sao Paulo. The event was ended early after one of the riders got shot (fatally)…

Makes complaining about ‘a bit of mud’ at Mountain Mayhem seem a bit trivial, doesn’t it?

Pook

I had a (Brazilian) colleague who was taking part in an MTB event in Sao Paulo. The event was ended early after one of the riders got shot (fatally)…

Makes complaining about ‘a bit of mud’ at Mountain Mayhem seem a bit trivial, doesn’t it?

wasn’t by one of the riders from the UK Met Police team was it?

coffeeking
    Free Member

When I worked in Liverpool a prostitute was found dead in the grass at the back of my office building.
    The week I moved to Glasgow those two kids and their father were found dead about 3 miles from my flat, then a few weeks later a woman was killed in a park only a few miles from my new office.

A few miles is a long way!

votchy
    Free Member

My claim to fame with the murder in the original post is I once viewed that cottage when I was living in Bromsgrove but didn’t buy as the back garden was too small and the A38 out front was too busy, house will be cheap as chips in a few months

Second murder in the Bromsgrove area since chrimble

donald
    Free Member

I’m sorry for everyone who has had first hand experience of this sort of thing.

I live in a small town in East Lothian. The most exciting thing that happened last year was that a hamster got stuck under someone’s floorboards and the fire brigade spent five hours trying to rescue it. Front page news it was.

I like living there.

yossarian
    Free Member

2 years ago there was a murder 3 doors down from my house. A group of lads beat a man to death after he disturbed them breaking into his house. I heard the attack and went out to see if i could help, i couldn’t.

http://www.kent.police.uk/News/Latest_News/3%20jailed%20Mark%20Witherall%20murder.html

Unluckily for the little scumbags a neighbour had a CCTV camera on the road that night with an audio feed that captured the whole thing.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL! @ BWD!

What’s the matter, mate; your piles playing up again?

Reading some of the replies here makes me realise just how desensitized you can become, if extreme violence happens on a regular basis, all around you. Although it can be kind of weird, when the face of someone you know, appears on telly having been murdered or having murdered someone, or something.

Spose all big cities have their share of nastiness. I doubt London, Glasgow, Manchester or Birmingham are too different. It’s really not nice, though, I have to say.

Just for BWD; I am hopefully going to go to the V+A later, and enjoy some of London’s fantastic culture… 🙄

kimbers

last year a brazillian guy was sot about 20 metres from my house

was a friday evening and we were in – didnt even know about it till we spoke to the neighbours a few days later

there are still flowers and bizarrely a courier bicycle painted white locked to the lampost in tribute

http://actonw3.com/default.asp?section=info&spage=common/concrime339.htm

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Milly Dowlers body was found near us, and if you remember that lorry driver who died on the M3 after some kids chucked a breeze block through his windscreen a few years ago, well, my missus walks to work over that bridge most days….. It’s totally enclosed with a wire cage these days.

Oh, Rude Boy’s leading over BWD on points so far. Ding Ding! Round two!
    😀

MrTall
    Free Member

The murder scene is less than a mile up the road from me in Bromsgrove, i cycled up on Saturday to chat to the police about it as it’s all still very hush hush and the main road was closed for two days (causing chaos). Still just a ‘suspicious’ death and details are hard to come across. I also commute to work past the post office in Fairfield where that poor chap got shot in the bungled robbery a few weeks back. 2 murders in less than 2 months in a pretty small town. Not good at all but i’m sure it’ll only increase with the amount of council funded pikeys that seem to be moving into the area. Policeman said more and more criminals are moving out of the centres of big towns into the satellite towns as its easier for them with less competition from other crooks.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

i’m sure it’ll only increase with the amount of council funded pikeys that seem to be moving into the area.

That’s the kind of ignorant, narrow-minded contemptuous attitude for others, that leads to people feeling alienated and undervalued, and therefore losing respect for others themselves. Which can and does lead to a lack of respect for the Law, and a willingness to undertake illegal activities.

Not defending the kind of people who chose to have no regard for the peace and safety of others, but it’s attitudes like this, which exacerbate already stressful conditions. Living in an environment where violence is an everyday occurrence, one becomes brutalised to the extent that using violence for self defence, is an acceptable thing. Trouble is, that then leads to aggression, as those who are in very close proximity to violence, see it as a means of gaining power, where otherwise they may feel powerless.

Not all ‘council funded pikies’ are violent scum…

rOcKeTdOg

house is rented, so any murder chasers can apply soon

BadlyWiredDog

Oh, Rude Boy’s leading over BWD on points so far. Ding Ding! Round two!

Eh? Wot are you on mate, innit? Had a run in wiv the Babylonians have ya? Just for you Potty, I’m off to the ballet now. Cos there’s nowhere to ride me bike. Spose if I didn’t speak faux street speak like, etc, blah.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I love you, BWD. 😳

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

i’m sure it’ll only increase with the amount of council funded pikeys that seem to be moving into the area.

That’s the kind of ignorant, narrow-minded contemptuous attitude for others, that leads to people feeling alienated and undervalued, and therefore losing respect for others themselves. Which can and does lead to a lack of respect for the Law, and a willingness to undertake illegal activities.

Not defending the kind of people who chose to have no regard for the peace and safety of others, but it’s attitudes like this, which exacerbate already stressful conditions. Living in an environment where violence is an everyday occurrence, one becomes brutalised to the extent that using violence for self defence, is an acceptable thing. Trouble is, that then leads to aggression, as those who are in very close proximity to violence, see it as a means of gaining power, where otherwise they may feel powerless.

Not all ‘council funded pikies’ are violent scum…

{trolling mode on}

No some ‘council funded pikies’ are just scum…

{trolling mode off}

🙂

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Hi Mate,
    I think you’ll find it’s on my doorstep almost, 500m maybe?
    We were trapped in house for a while on saturday while SOCO crawled on their hands and knees looking for evidence.
    Don’t think they have admitted it’s murder yet,just unexplained death.
    Matt.

rOcKeTdOg

hi matt, remember when we used to go biking! 🙁

we need to start training and get you to Scotland this year, no excuses!

skidartist
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member

When I worked in Liverpool a prostitute…….

Blimey, I need another coffee. I read that as “When I worked in Liverpool as a prostitute…”

MoreCashThanDash

Two murders in the small town I was brought up in – one was a girl the year above me at school, I used to work with her brother. Tragic, but it happens.

And coppers hate guarding crime scenes – friend of mine spent her first six months guarding Ian Huntleys house in Soham in the build up to the trial. The locals would bring them tea and cake in sympathy.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘murder on your doorstep’ is closed to new replies.