Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Munich
  • catatemygoldfish
    Free Member

Hi, can anyone recommend cheap accommodation in Munich? I’m looking to book for during the beer festival and everything is so expensive.

Many thanks

keaboing
    Free Member

Try somewhere up in Garching (http://www.hkl.de/). About 30 minutes on the S/U bahn.

sunnrider
    Free Member

I´ll be there for a week in November. Already booked a hotel and I noticed all the prices during the Oktoberfest were much higher.

Just wondering if it would be worthwhile renting a bike and going for a spin someplace no too far/short train journey from the center.
    Anyone ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Munich is a very expensive place, and you’re looking for cheap accommodation during the world famous festival?

Good luck with that!

lots_of_hope

We used Motel One for a long weekend last year, excellent quality rooms for the price, but they too whack the prices up for Oktoberfest.

http://www.motel-one.com/en/

They have several hotels in Munich, so there could be some options for staying further away for a bit less money…

edsbike
    Free Member

11 months ago you might have had a reasonable chance of finding somewhere. Not now, sorry.

Best bet now is to find somewhere on one of the train lines and train in each day, limits how long you can stay out though.

Lenggries is an hour away on the train.

avdave2

It’s like asking for a cheap holiday at half term.

MSP

I take it you planning for next year, Oktoberfest finished on the 7th. In which case, forget Munich, its just full of puke covered Italians and Australians lying in the gutter pissing in their pants. Go to the Stuttgart beer fest instead, much closer to what the original Munich Oktoberfest was like.

catatemygoldfish
    Free Member

Yes MSP it’s for next year. I wanted to book the trip as a present for my other half but I think it’s going to work out too expensive. Any one have any ideas for other city breaks that are a bit different?

molgrips
    Free Member

Tallin.

Fantastic fairy tale city (the realistic kind not the Disney kind though) and it’s cheap as chips!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Munich’ is closed to new replies.