Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • [Mumsnet] Aluminium Venetian Blinds [/Mumsnet]
  • bearnecessities

Sorry 😳

Any experience of on-line retailers to recommend? Wouldn’t mind a bit of a choice of colours, but white will do.

(Yes, I do expect this to fall rapidly off page 1)

Jamie
    Free Member

Find a fitter locally.

Get them to come and give you a quote/bring samples.

Any issues, then you can go and duff them up proper in person.

(and this is a man speaking)

wallop

We have used 247 blinds – would recommend. (And this is a girl speaking)

bearnecessities

Nice idea, but they’re only for a bathroom to stop the neighbours phoning the police. 100cm x 65 – barely worth time of day for a fitter and would cost to then make it worth it.

Thanks Wallop, did you buy aluminum venetians from there?

Jamie
    Free Member

In that case, get your lazy arse down to Dunelms 8)

aP
    Free Member

We have perforated aluminium Venetian blinds in our bedroom, it means that you can keep the heat of the day out without stopping all the light coming in.

bearnecessities

Cheers but no suitable widths at Dunelms or Argos & Ikea have stopped doing aluminium (which is an arse as they did 100cm width)

I don’t want to be cutting the width either, because as they will be coloured, the edges will look shonky.

We have perforated aluminium Venetian blinds in our bedroom, it means that you can keep the heat of the day out without stopping all the light coming in.

What’s wrong with me? The first thing I thought is “I bet they’re a bugger to clean”

Jamie
    Free Member

bearnecessities

Jamie, thank you. Because, I did that, then checked stock, went into Leeds IKEA and asked where were the 35 that were, that were in stock.

“We haven’t stocked aluminium for years”

Those fraudsters, are wood!

EDIT: and you just realised that too 😀

Bunnyhop

Find a fitter locally.

Get them to come and give you a quote/bring samples.

Any issues, then you can go and duff them up proper in person.
    This

bearnecessities

..is not what I asked for; thanks though 😀

bruneep

Once your man has been round you’ll come on here with HOW FUC-IN much! rant

or go here

http://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/venetian_blinds.htm

I used to do blind fitting, the above was quite regular. Try and get me to price match an online quote. Had some cheeky chancer ask if I would fit his online blinds for free as my advert said free fitting. 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

..is not what I asked for; thanks though

This is STW. You don’t get an answer to the actual question you asked.

As such, I would like to change my previous answer to ‘sausages’.

project
    Free Member

Got mine from B and Q, work ok

bearnecessities

Cheers Bruneep; last thing I want to do is waste a fitter’s time.

I assume you’ve insider knowledge/experience to be happy with the quality of your linky?

bearnecessities

As such, I would like to change my previous answer to ‘sausages’.

You have to produce a related gif, otherwise not allowed.

Jamie
    Free Member

bearnecessities

Worryingly, you’ve used that on me before.

It is rather hypnotic though.

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Try Ambitionblinds.co.uk, not used them for ali venetians but have had dozens of roller blind from them. Service is good, and delivery quick.

100 x 65 is £26 plus £5 postage.

Jamie
    Free Member

Worryingly, you’ve used that on me before.

bruneep

Not had a problem with blinds from them for the price they are fine and in a bathroom I’d not spend much more, cheap to replace. Had one issue with a set came buckled but that was couriers fault, quickly replaced by B2G.

Where on the window are they going? inside the recess or on the face? think about what side you want controls left or right (left or right handed) what way does window open? A pic of the window would help.

bearnecessities

Jamie, have you got a number for the first woman?

Bruneep, thanks. Inside recess, bottom opening window, right hand blind twiddly bits and affixed at the top (into wood).

Pic:

bruneep

Follow their measuring instructions http://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/measuring.htm

It will be narrower due to tiles and you will have a bigger gap above tiles. If putting it the the back nearer the handle leave a 15-20mm gap from handle.

Keep tilt and pull cord same side (right) in your case.

bearnecessities

Cheers Bruneep.

100cm measurement is at tile depth, but will admit I hadn’t considered window handle and good point about cord & tilt being same side too.

Thanks very much.

Gribs

I’m confused why you’re bothering. Isn’t it acceptable to stand if front of frosted glass naked?

wallop

Ours were wooden.

matt_outandabout

I’m confused why you’re bothering. Isn’t it acceptable to stand if front of frosted glass naked?

Are you my old neighbour from Sheffield? Did you also apply cream to your piles in front of said window?

😯

shotsaway
    Free Member

I’ve used http://www.web-blinds.com. You measure and fit but prices are reasonable. I ordered 6 luxury gloss wooden Venetian blinds from them last year and fitted them no problem. As well as aluminium, they do a wood effect (faux wood) blind for bathrooms.

natrix
    Free Member

Are you my old neighbour from Sheffield? Did you also apply cream to your piles in front of said window?

I didn’t realise anybody could see me 😯 😯

matt_outandabout

aP – Member

Once again, I refer you to the visible through the window comment… 😯

batfink
    Free Member

I’d go roller-blind in the bathroom

bearnecessities

Just by way of an update, I purchased from Blinds 2 Go as recommended by bruneep.

Went for some fancy pants ones and I’m not disappointed. Top notch quality, although the screws they include for installation are a bit of a joke and the dangly things for pull cords could be a bit ‘weightier’, but they’re an easy fix.

Otherwise, top advice and thanks bruneep.

scotroutes

That’s a lot of windows.

Or do you break them regularly?

bruneep

No bother glad you’re sorted. What was the end price paid?

bearnecessities

About £100 – one was 100cm x 67 and the other was about 60 x 60, but they’re 50mm slats with wooden pelmet covers also.

bruneep

Thats not too bad pricing.

hora
    Free Member

Where the **** is mumsnet content?

OP you twa t wrapper I feel robbed

bearnecessities

jamj1974

I used specific blind trimmers to cut venetian blinds to size before. Looked just as good as they did originally IMHO. Left a neat curved edge. Obviously it needs to be a reasonably close fit so you can trim the ends without getting near the cords.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘[Mumsnet] Aluminium Venetian Blinds [/Mumsnet]’ is closed to new replies.