Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Mumsnet q: Am I being unreasonable?
  • grievoustim
    Free Member

yep, I didn’t dignify the text with a reply 🙂

cranberry
    Free Member

“Don’t worry, I will call <child> this evening and make sure she understands that there is nothing to be upset about.
    In the meantime, I think we should discuss ground rules for events we will arrange for <child> to organise a card/present – Christmas, birthdays, mum’s/father’s day – whilst she is still too young to arrange things for herself.”

jairaj

Just order something from On One and when it arrives late, just say they ballsed up the delivery.

I can’t see how she wouldn’t believe that?!

spud-face

Nothing says “you’re a person I’m evidently obligated to buy a gift for” like a nice, traditional gift voucher. Go with Evans – bike bits one or fat girl one depending on your mood.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Maybe a card made by your daughter. A present? tell her she’s dreaming.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

You’re doing your daughter good by teaching her that being a bitch doesn’t get you presents.

CountZero

I was going to do a whole bunch of c’n’p here, but I can’t be arsed, so I’ll sum up by saying I totally agree with Cougar’s take. Nail/head, etc.

konabunny
    Free Member

Indeed and sometimes you have to be the person who makes sure your kids do this for their mum and sometimes she has to make sure they do it for their dad as they kid is only 4. its about being a parent basically and not having a war with an ex with a child as the ammunition.

ding ding ding ding ding

you have to make sure your kid shows up to school with a packed lunch. you have to make sure your kid shows up to the pool with a cossie. you have to make sure your kid has a raincoat when they go to the zoo. you have to make sure your kid shows up at the other kid’s birthday party with a pressie. you have to make sure your kid has “chosen” a present for their other parent’s birthday.

it’s not about the other parent’s feelings, it’s about making sure a kid that’s too young to do it for themselves has the right gear for their activities and about teaching them the life skills of foresight and preparation.

bigrich

what sort of present would your daughter buy her mother? decide the cost, then halve it then give her that much.

carrie
    Free Member

@scaled ex here – the demon in pe

Rorschach
    Free Member

That’s not fair 🙁
    You’ve got Mumsnet……

Edric64
    Free Member

I didnt stop making sure the boys gave their mum a present until they were about 14.I considered they were old enough to do it themselves by then

carrie
    Free Member

Some of you are mature and decent adults,
    That’s heartwarming.
    Obvs you’ve only seen one very subjective side of the story, and I regret you have. It shouldn’t be not for public consumption.
    And no – mumset and I won’t see eye to eye. I’ll stick to the cycling forums.

theotherjonv

Oh lord. I’ve only got time for one of these argument threads, and I’ve kind of committed already to the KP vs the rest of the world one.

Which one should I bring my biscuits to? Can we have a poll on this?

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Mumsnet q: Am I being unreasonable?’ is closed to new replies.