Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Mumsnet gets some good threads.
  • wwaswas

Woman claims husband lied about his age and is 28 years older than her.

It’s like the plot from some novel unfolding, is he lying about his age to her or the authorities or both?

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/thirty_days_only/2726578-If-you-found-out-your-DH-was-much-older-than-he-said-he-was?messages=100&pg=1

Tune in next week for the Private Investigators report to be made public.

(clearly it may actually be the plot for some novel that someone’s looking to get reaction to… I actually hope it is because if it’s real then there’s a very concerned woman out there.)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A very similar story, my mum works as a teaching assistant in a school.

Some immigrant ‘kids’ are not the age the paperwork says they are because when they enter the country they just claim the records were destroyed, she has pupils in years 8/9 who are 6ft, bearded, and well built, there is no way they’re 13, more like 21. But the parents get tax credits and the ‘kids’ supposedly get another crack at education in a better system. Then they’re dateing 12 year olds…………

canopy
    Free Member

^ ooofff!.. that’s bonkers

(re: original subject )

*popcorn*

love all the possible.. war criminal, identity thief type paranoia.. probably something mundane after all the OTT stuff

Beagleboy

What’s LTB? What’s a DH? What’s a DP? What’s 4DC?

It’s like my first day in the lab all over again. I’m drowning in acronyms!!!

😮

molgrips
    Free Member

she has pupils in years 8/9 who are 6ft, bearded, and well built

I knew a kid like that at school. He was the same age as us…

xcgb
    Free Member

Check out the “Poo crumbs” thread…….

wwaswas

LTB – leave the bastard
    DH – Darling Husband
    DP – errm Darling Partner?
    4DC – four darling children

warton
    Free Member

Some immigrant ‘kids’ are not the age the paperwork says they are because when they enter the country they just claim the records were destroyed, she has pupils in years 8/9 who are 6ft, bearded, and well built, there is no way they’re 13, more like 21. But the parents get tax credits and the ‘kids’ supposedly get another crack at education in a better system. Then they’re dateing 12 year olds…………

surely your mum, teachers, heads should be taking that to the authorities???

dlr

Quick scan through, that site is amazing, they should get jobs instead of sitting on a forum all day, oh hang on I’m just posting here…. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DP – errm Darling Partner?

Plural?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I knew a kid like that at school. He was the same age as us…

I probably was too, I played rugby with the U16’s rather than year 8, but even so I didn’t look 21. There’s a difference between and early growth spurt and just out of primary school, and someone who’s 21 and still get’s ID’d in the pub.

surely your mum, teachers, heads should be taking that to the authorities???

They do, and again when they’re specifically worried about relationships, but the answer comes back that nothing can be done because all the paperwork says they’re whatever age they say they are.

xcgb
    Free Member

There is an acronym menu page for newbies on there!

Cougar
    wwaswas

There is an acronym menu page for newbies on there!

http://www.mumsnet.com/info/acronyms

they should have called the acronyms page http://www.mumsnet.com/info/AP

franksinatra

Plural?

I see what you did there, well done

canopy
    Free Member

re: the mumsnset thing no ones mentioned bigamy too possibly? (re: 1983 marriage in same name – unless that was cleaned up over there)

so dodgy..

especially the twin brother in prison part

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Frank, have you ever seen the twitter hashtag that the BBC Daily Politics show uses?

globalti
    Free Member

Some immigrant ‘kids’ are not the age the paperwork says they are because when they enter the country they just claim the records were destroyed, she has pupils in years 8/9 who are 6ft, bearded, and well built, there is no way they’re 13, more like 21. But the parents get tax credits and the ‘kids’ supposedly get another crack at education in a better system. Then they’re dateing 12 year olds..

Mis-declaring the age of your children is very common in Africa, especially in sports when there’s prize money or prestige at stake. My colleague in Lagos often finds his daughters are playing tennis against girls of supposedly the same age who seem to be mysteriously big and strong.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

STW is just basically the Mumsnet equivalent for (mainly) blokes, right?

Do Mumsnet do threads commenting on STW I wonder?

steve-g
    Free Member

I like to think of STW as “twinned with mumsnet”

xcgb
    Free Member

Do Mumsnet do threads commenting on STW I wonder?

Start one and find out…… 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

steve-g – Member

I like to think of STW as “twinned with mumsnet”

Oh sadly not, to reach the same level of crazy, only with mostly male posters you need PistonHeads…

bearnecessities

Because I’m bored, I’ve just read through all of that thread. As well as being classic weird, it’s actually a bit sad.

shermer75
    Free Member

That thread is indeed epic. One thing that strikes me throughout is how the OP is dealing with both her situation and some pretty nasty and judgmental comments in such a reserved and dignified manner. Very impressive!

Stoner
    Free Member

mis-declaring your age on arrival as an immigrant asylum seeker has substantial advantages too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35444173

ourmaninthenorth

Oh sadly not, to reach the same level of crazy, only with mostly male posters you need PistonHeads…

I have accounts for both. Never been brave enough to post on either.

just5minutes
    Free Member

Isn’t it about time that STW had some standardised abbreviations?

Mumsnet is full of DS DD DH and such like – so should STW follow the convention… We’ve already got N+1 but how about:

PB Paging Brant
    GN Grumpy Northerner
    ATGNI All the gear no idea

What else is there?

etc.

Leku
    Free Member

WTF – what tyres for..

matt_outandabout

HNB – hora’s new bike
    CFS – flashy’s shoes

RobHilton
    Free Member

BH – Big Hitter
    SN – Sweary Notherner
    BOMCWC – Bunch of middle class whiney cockbags

canopy
    Free Member

OTB – over the bars

OB – overbiked / over bars?

BWSP – big wheels, small penis (29er owners j/k) (a play on an old skateboard video called BPSW (big pants small wheels)

natrix
    Free Member

OMG!!! 😯 😯 Surely that is one of the best Mumsnet threads of all time, it even diverts into a discussion about ‘Fandruff’ absolutely classic.

Had a brief look at Gransnet, but haven’t dared to delve very deep yet…………….

Pigface
    Free Member

to reach the same level of crazy, only with mostly male posters you need

Surfmat 😉

xcgb
    Free Member

OMG!!! Surely that is one of the best Mumsnet threads of all time, it even diverts into a discussion about ‘Fandruff’ absolutely classic.

Every day is a learning day on there! 😀

theotherjonv

‘Fandruff’ has just created another STW acronym

tki

tea / keyboard interface

chip
    Free Member

Just read the 21 page long poo crumb thread, now not sure wether to commit to 41 pages of the penis beaker thread.

sparksmcguff

Mumsnet_madness on twitter is worth a follow just try not to get sucked into the madness

MoreCashThanDash

I thought we’d all read the penis beaker thread at the time? It went mainstream and Mumsnet crashed due to the extra traffic?

xcgb
    Free Member

Just read the 21 page long poo crumb thread, now not sure wether to commit to 41 pages of the penis beaker thread.

Do it and then move on to the “Does Centre parks mean anal sex” thread 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Mumsnet gets some good threads.’ is closed to new replies.