Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Mumsnet Dinosaurs
  • Squidlord
    Free Member

I can’t stop giggling at this bit:

Aside from the educational aspect, dinosaurs are a very bad example for children. At my children’s school, several children were left in tears after one of their classmates (who had evidently been exposed to dinosaurs), became bestially-minded and ran around the classroom roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. Then he bit three children on the face.

bigblackshed

Cougar – Moderator
    OH’s just asked me,

“Have you seen that dinosaur Mumsnet troll?”
    Yes, yes I have, it’s hilarious.

“Which one of your lot was it?”

To be fair, the fact it generated 40 pages of replies does indicate that it was not a STWer. If it was one of us we would have been outed, flounced or hit with a ban hammer long before they did.

wwaswas

There’s a twitter account. @fakefossils

CountZero

well, given it turns out that Dippy the Dinosaur is being removed from the lobby of the natural history museum after being exposed as a fake, perhaps they are on to something?

As JHJ would say…I’m not saying it’s true, but it makes you think!
    Ummm, I’m pretty sure that the descriptive plaque below the skeleton reveals the fact that it’s a replica cast in plaster from the Pittsburgh original.
    Anyone actually expressing surprise that it’s a fake that has been deceiving people for years deserves to have small children point at them in the street and laugh.
    Loudly.

CountZero

Got ten pages in, enjoying it so very much, I’ve saved it onto my homescreen for quiet enjoyment.
    Many thanks to HH for the post and link, so much fun to be had, shame it’s been closed to new replies.

jamj1974

Genius!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

dannybgoode

Christians for Michele Bachmann on Facebook have some classics too:

And to think I am an Athetard! Ouch that hurts 🙂

h1jjy
    Free Member

I can’t make up my mind if its a troll/fake or not. As i heard of mums like this.

I hope it is real as its so funny

wrecker
    Free Member

Wow. Mumsnet is sweary I even saw the C bomb in there.
    I’m jealous.

duckman

Unleash the Woopit!

rOcKeTdOg

Girl at work genuinely thinks dinosaurs are made up “in films” & unicorns arevextinct, she’s pregnant too

joshvegas
    Free Member

I joined the facebook group 😯

dereknightrider
    Free Member

joshvegas – Member
    I joined the facebook group

Hah, so did I, have you joined Christians against Kittens yet? Far more troll potential there.. 😆

yunki
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    Girl at work genuinely thinks dinosaurs are made up “in films” & unicorns arevextinct, she’s pregnant too

POSTED 28 MINUTES AGO #

I’m not gonna dismiss that out of hand, but sometimes when I hear ‘this girl at work is so thick’ stories on here I wonder if it’s not a case of..

‘The creepy bike geek from work is really starting to freak me out, I’m gonna tell him that I believe in unicorns or something.. hopefully that’ll make him leave me alone’

jus’ sayin 🙂

deviant
    Free Member

Many years ago when i still lived at home my mum had both me and my father in stitches when she was adamant that Seahorses werent real, she then dug deeper and reeled off a load of other ‘fictional’ animals including….dinosaurs.

Wimmin eh?!

Cougar

Did she think it was the second coming?

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve just been having a quick read through on mumsnet (I’m not joining the fb group – too scared)

At first I was in support of the mockery and there were some very witty retorts, but thinking about it..
    If a dinosaur had forced itself on my child I’d probably hold a bit of a grudge too

rOcKeTdOg

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    POSTED 28 MINUTES AGO #
    I’m not gonna dismiss that out of hand, but sometimes when I hear ‘this girl at work is so thick’ stories on here I wonder if it’s not a case of..
    ‘The creepy bike geek from work is really starting to freak me out, I’m gonna tell him that I believe in unicorns or something.. hopefully that’ll make him leave me alone’
    jus’ sayin

She also thought cheese grows on trees “my mum has a cheese plant” another question was “how many cows do they kill for a 4 pint bottle of milk?”

crankboy
    Free Member

“They also took the opportunity to ruthlessly mock a man who offered to “drive anywhere, up to an hour” to have no-strings-attached sex with any users who were up for it.”
    Any one got anything to confess?

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Mumsnet Dinosaurs’ is closed to new replies.