Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • Mumford and Sons
  • binners

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Dear God!!! Please make it stop!! I don’t think I can take any more

Can anyone explain to me why anyone would want to listen to this? Even in preference to being water boarded?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Look how they mock you.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Beats the hell out of me, jack.

tinybits
    Free Member

I like em.

Who would’ve thunk?

IHN

I really like their first album. The second is a bit meh though.

What does make me want to go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH is the unfairnessness that means these two are man and wife 🙁

midlifecrashes

Calm down dear.

They are at least different to all the R&B and CowellPop on the radio. Don’t get me started on Emili Sande, though. Britain’s fifth best Alicia Keys tribute act.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What does make me want to go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH is the unfairnessness that means these two are man and wife

No wonder he looks smug, he’s punching well above his not inconsiderable weight there.

Northwind

I like ’em in small doses. And they seem really, really happy which helps too- I saw a live version of You’ve Gone Too Far on something like the secret policeman’s ball, where they did one song from cold and still looked like they’d done a whole gig at the end, no compromise at all for the weird show they were playing. Kinda cool, that.

titusrider
    Free Member

yeah i dont mind them, i prefer proper folk music though, not this crossover malarkey (not a spiers and bowden/bellowhead fan though, they are too far the other way)

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

good first album, second sounds like they used up what was left over from the first, all filler no killer.

grum
    Free Member

I think the picture muppetWrangler posted might be the smuggest thing I’ve ever seen.

wattsymtb
    Free Member

Bedwetter music.

Admittedly better than anything R&B has ever produced but still not really necessary.

And what about Noah and the Whale. They can f*** off.

IHN

second sounds like they used up what was left over from the first, all filler no killer

This

but still not really necessary

ooh, get her.

convert

I recon it takes a hell of a lot of styling to get your hair looking as bad a that, especially the dude with the hoodie.

Don’t mind them as it happens.

molgrips
    Free Member

I liked the one song, so I bought the album. Not sure it was a good idea. The banjo player seems to have learned a few arpeggios and that’s it. It’s as if someone’s got a banjo mode on a keyboard and is just pressing the chords as they go.

If I were an actual folk band from Virginia with real skills I’d be a bit pissed off that they get all the money.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What does make me want to go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH is the unfairnessness that means these two are man and wife

Speaking of which:

binners

grum – Member

I think the picture muppetWrangler posted might be the smuggest thing I’ve ever seen.

Indeed it is. Here’s a dilemma for you. Which one would you punch first? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm….. I just can’t decide

jon1973
    Free Member

That photo would look more at home in a Next catalogue.

IHN

Mr Woppit – don’t even get me STARTED on that one.

He stole my Gwynnie 🙁

wattsymtb
    Free Member

Indeed it is. Here’s a dilemma for you. Which one would you punch first? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm….. I just can’t decide

Christ. That is difficult.

The public school boy casual loose tie is just about cutting it for me. He wins first punch.

atlaz
    Free Member

IHN – You’d convinced yourself for years she’d never go for a guy from this side of the pond then that gonky **** nipped in there. You COULD have had her yourself if you’d put the effort in (and she’d liked you but as an STW regular, what’s not for her to like eh?)

binners

I think the tussle-haired, hoody/suede jacket combo is getting my vote. He seems to have the smugness dial turned up to 11

atlaz
    Free Member

The public school boy casual loose tie is just about cutting it for me. He wins first punch.

He also has the look on his face you’d expect from someone who owns a bank watching someone’s house being repossessed. A combination of “Look how stupid you are” and “I can’t believe we get away with this shit”. Which, given it’s Mumford and Sons, is probably what they’re thinking right before a concert.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Ephemeral dross. Glib faux-folk for middle England middle management who feel they are being reminded of their gap year (that was the same as everybody else’s) while listening to their whimsical dirge.
    Music to replace the awkward silences at middle class dinner parties once the topics of schools and Miele washing machines have been exhausted, it was Coldplay now it’s dickhead and brethren.
    Sanitised watered down folk pop for latte drinking cretins who secretly want to be the short one from top gear.
    Sixth form poetry for bedwetters.

I could go on but I’ll stop now.

binners

No! Don’t stop MrSmith! You’re expressing rather beautifully exactly my feelings towards the self-satisfied tossers. Music for people who don’t actually like music. There’s obviously been some terrible mistake as they were all meant to be working in banking by now, but one of Daddies friends heard us play at the golf club one night, and he owns a record company……..

IHN

IHN – You’d convinced yourself for years she’d never go for a guy from this side of the pond then that gonky **** nipped in there. You COULD have had her yourself if you’d put the effort in (and she’d liked you but as an STW regular, what’s not for her to like eh?)

It’s like your pouring my heart out man. I might write a song about it.

I could go on but I’ll stop now.

Good job, you were about to out-smug the lot of them

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I think the tussle-haired, hoody/suede jacket combo is getting my vote. He seems to have the smugness dial turned up to 11

I think the smugness is probably because he was horifically bullied in school though, so I can have a small amount of pity. It seems like that kind of smugness that he wants his tormentors to see, but if he saw them walking towards him in the street he would still s*** himself and run the other way.

He also has the look on his face you’d expect from someone who owns a bank watching someone’s house being repossessed. A combination of “Look how stupid you are” and “I can’t believe we get away with this shit”. Which, given it’s Mumford and Sons, is probably what they’re thinking right before a concert.

You sir, have perfectly articulated what this guy is all about. I’m still chuckling about this.

tang
    Free Member

Def the fat ring leader, I’d have to smack him, as he is Mumford. I mean would you call your band ….&sons? The nervous crap banjo player I could let off because he’s called Winston. If that’s his birth name it’s punishment enough.

IHN

Music for people who don’t actually like[b]feel they have anything to prove by their choice of[/b] music

BigJohn

I thought they wrote one song about 5 years ago. And kept calling it something else.

IHN

Hey, it’s worked for Jamirikwaiy and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers for years 🙂

grum
    Free Member

The quiet smugness of the one on the left swings it for me.

The others are more brazen and braying in their smugness, whereas he thinks he’s playing it cool, which makes it even worse.

johnellison
    Free Member

…he is Mumford. I mean would you call your band ….& sons?

Well you would if they were your kids by your own mother. Which given the fact that they are Mumford & Sons could well be the case.

(Other incestuous relationships are possible. Terms and Conditions Apply).

rewski
    Free Member

I’ve managed to avoid them somehow, so couldn’t tell whether I liked them or not, not interested in finding out either, more than happy with my dubby deep house music from switzerland.

mountain people djs

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Come on, be honest – this is all because

likes them, isn’t it…

neilthewheel

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They serve to help folk on forums to feel superior while they tell you you’re listening to the wrong music and that their ears hear better music to yours.

binners

Dave is the ultimate PR man. He doesn’t actually like anyone Wopster. He just drops bands names to either ingratiate himself with his particular audience – I’m presuming he said this in a Radio 2 interview, or to wind up Jonny Marr and Paul Weller 😆

grum
    Free Member

I don’t really mind the music TBF, it’s fairly bland but there’s a lot worse out there. That picture though….

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

See, I actually liked their first album. Bought it off the strength of hearing Little Lion Man on 6 Music admittedly, but the rest of the album grew on me.

I bought a Frank Turner album around the same time after hearing Try This at Home, but that’s another story

I also accidentally saw them live at the Hop Farm a couple of years back too and thought they were OK.

Having belatedly realised I’m one of them there latte drinking cretins who secretly want to be the short one from top gear I actually feel deeply ashamed of myself, and, it has to be said somewhat dirty at being hoodwinked into having such poor taste.

Is there somewhere one can go to have one’s hitherto impeccable musical taste realigned to that of the STW hive mind.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Mumford and Sons’ is closed to new replies.