Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Multiple Amazon Dots in the home
  • johndoh
    Free Member

My daughters would both like a Dot in their bedroom – they would both be linked to the same Amazon Music account. My question is – could they both play different music at the same time via the same Amazon account?

I have read that it may not be possible, but then I have also read that it is! Other people are saying that only one could use the Amazon Music account and the other would need to use a different music player.

Has anyone got any real world experience?

Many thanks

technicallyinept
    Free Member

My echo stops if I start using Amazon music through the desktop app or web browser.

DrP

On our multiple dot/echo system, we can listen to DIFFERENT amazon music songs.. (amazon free with prime account)
    But Spotify can only play on one at a time…

Let me just check that..

Ok..randomly intermittent!
    First time I tried little mix in the kitchen, then Beiber in the bedroom, it got in a tizz and said “you’re already streaming amazon music, do you want to stream here?”
    But now..it’s jsut playing them both just fine..

Hmm

DrP

johndoh
    Free Member

Hmm indeed!

LittleNose
    Free Member

I’m probably adding confusion here, but I’m keen to know the score too.

We use Amazon Dot, echo and iPhone amazon music app… often have two on the go at the same time.

It’s possible that we are streaming from “Amazon Music” using the Prime, and separately from “Amazon Music Unlimited”.

… right off to do some testing

LittleNose
    Free Member

… after some testing and reading – this makes more sense to my situation.

It appears that I can’t stream at the same time, but if I’ve downloaded to my iPhone, then it’s happy to play those tracks while streaming on the echo / dot

geoffj

multiple dots and family Spotify account (named individuals) deals with the playing different music issue*

I say deals with – what it actually does is make them both crank the volume up to 11 (both plugged into amp and speakers) so no one can hear themselves think 🙄

Be careful what you wish for kids!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Multiple Amazon Dots in the home’ is closed to new replies.