Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Multimedia Presentations
  • maxray
    Free Member

So Powerpoint and Flash aside are there any other technologies I should be considering do create some Multimedia Presentations?

xc-steve
    Free Member

What's the context?! Powerpoint/Keynote for mac is really all you should need to use for a presentation.

maxray
    Free Member

Was just thinking technology really. Talking to a client about options for their interactive presentations that need a bit more class than Powerpoint tends to offer. We normally do them in Flash for clients but wasnt sure if something like Silverlight or Adobe Presenter etc might be the new presentation tool of choice. 🙂

Cheers,

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    xc-steve
    Free Member

aah ha! errrm maby Captivatehttp://www.adobe.com/products/captivate/

CaptJon
    Free Member
    jam-bo

concentrate on the content.

seen too many presentations where all the gimmiks and technology in the world doesn't make up for dull content.

beyond that, prezi looks interesting.

spacemonkey

Most of us are used to sitting through dull as **** Powerpoint presentations – poorly designed and poorly delivered. The reality is that Powerpoint is actually an excellent tool – you just need to learn how to use it properly.

Check out books and blogs by Garr Reynolds, Clive Atkinson and Nancy Duarte (and a Japanese guy whom I've forgetten the name of) for starters.

I've learned a helluva lot by "studying" their materials, etc.

SM

CaptJon
    Free Member

Ironically, i think Reynolds is an appalling presenter. And the tips on his blog – if you can find them amongst the ego posts – are generally suited for shorted presentations.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Adobe Acrobat can be used to present, so you can embed flash content in the pdf and make it all good.

just CTRL + L

AndyRT
    Free Member

sorry for double post, bit Captivate is great for creating training material and flash based run troughs. Not really a presentation tool on its own.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Multimedia Presentations’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts