Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Multi-tools
  • spooky_b329

Looking for a new multi-tool, looked through various weird and wonderful contraptions up to my budget of £30-40, but ended up looking at the Topeak Hexus II and thinking that it looked the best of the bunch.

Now, its less than half my budget at £15. Nothing else seems to match up to it. But is there a Gerber style multi-tool that I’ve missed? I’d like something with integrate pliers for undoing those stubborn tubeless valve lockrings, digging out thorns etc. But crucially, long(ish) hex keys unlike the maddening stubby things on my current tool, and a chain tool etc.

spooky_b329

Or if not a multi-tool with pliers, how about a simple good quality plier multi-tool with perhaps a knife and bottle opener, but losing all the extra survival bits like fish gutting bits, files, corkscrews etc etc.

dantsw13

I have a hexus – they are very good. Tyre levers are strong, and chain tool works nicely too.

Maybe just get a pair of mini pliers too?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gwaelod
    Free Member

Got the original hexus….managed to snap and a few months later subsequently lose the tyre lever bit that was also the lever for the chain tool. The plastic tyre lever bit wasn’t up to taking off a very very tight continental road tyre on a bitterly cold night. Apart from that it’s ace.

eskay
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Multi-tools’ is closed to new replies.