Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Multi tools
  • nickc

One of those swiss-army carry everything jobbies, or a more simple one, and separate chain breaker?

jam-bo

got a crank-bros one recently and it seems pretty good. tend to have that and a leatherman in my bag with some zip ties and gaffa tape.

fix the world with that tool kit.

zaskar
    Free Member

Been using my Alien with chain tool for yrs-nice little bit of kit.

Maybe buy sram power links too?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

I did have an alien but it’s got loads of tools that are no use for my bike, and it’s kind of big… So I got a Hexus instead, which to me is pretty much perfect.

trail_rat
    Free Member

sks toolbox travel works well for me

sc-xc

as above – CB19 with little Leatherman. Couple of powerlinks, bit of tape and some zip ties.

I have a Crank Brothers one (CB17). The chain tool on it is better than my ‘workshop’ one.

HTTP404
    Free Member

one of those folding allen key tools and a seperate and decent chain breaking tool for me.

been down the route of all-in-ones. and they just don’t work as well as seperated tools.

Northwind

Oh, on the subject of chain tools I reckon the Topeak ones in the Alien and Hexus are more than good enough for the job… Better than most seperate chain tools tbh.

CB19, although it’s mainly used as a chain tool as I usually end up carrying a folding set of allen keys.

Had a Leatherman Charge Tti, but it ‘disappeared’ at work (gutted). Never had a use for it on the trails though.

rob731
    Free Member

i have a topeak hexus and the chain breaker on it is better than most dedicated ones that I’ve had (and broken)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Multi tools’ is closed to new replies.