Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Multi tool recommendation
  • jody
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a decent multi tool in the region of £25.

I like the looks of the Topeak 20 but is there anything better on the market?

warpcow
    Free Member

Crank Brothers m17.

weeksy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Alien II around £30, all you’ll need.

g5604
    Free Member

my crank brothers rusted within weeks, pretty disappointed. Now I have this, which has tyre levers:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-hexus-ii-16-function-multi-tool/

jsync

Topeak rocket ratchet, the one with the chain breaker.

bigblackshed

Topeak rocket ratchet, as above, or Hexus 2.

hatter

Park AWS-10 folding allen key set and CT-5 chain-brute

Covers all likely bases and the chaintool will work better than anything tacked onto a larger tool.

Not overly shiny, not an ‘all in one’ solution (although it can be made so using a rubber band) but under budget and will outlast anything else that’s been suggested.

If you really must have an ‘all in one’ then Topeak Hexus II but having snapped the 6mm on 2 of these I’m not nearly as keen on recommending these as I am the Park, my original AWS-10 is 12 years old and going strong.

jody
    Free Member

The rocket ratchet looks interesting as does the crank brothers tool.

The Park AWS10 is almost identical to a tool I have been using for the last 20ish years. Never rounded one allen key and would still be going if I could find it. Only problem was occasionally didn’t have the right allen key for the job.

winston
    Free Member

I have the topeak 20 in bling bling gold. Can’t fault it – light and small, well made, stainless, separate chain tool, bottle opener, nice soft pouch for when I have it in my jersey. get one, you won’t be disappointed

EDit:I put some old 19mm road inner tube around the chain tool to make it easier to grip

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Multi tool recommendation’ is closed to new replies.