Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Multi-Tool Advice
  • mrmiyagi
    Free Member

I’ve recently got back on the bike after many years away and I’m looking to put my pack together to take out on rides. Just wondering if anybody had some suggestions or decent makes to look out for for multi-tools, pump, etc?

alibongo001

Top peak Alien!

Has all the allen keys you need / chain breaker tool and a bottle opener!

chvck
    Free Member

I was using a topeak hexus 2 and it was really good. I recently bought a topeak ratchet rocket though and it’s just brilliant. I even prefer it over my actual set of allen keys when I’m in the garage, also has a chain breaker. Been very, very impressed!

nickjb
    Free Member

Shall follow this one as I’m in the market too. After being quite anti them I’m coming round.

kiwijohn

Crank Bros 17, best thing they make.

Northwind

Multitool- Topeak Hexus. Though I like the Ratchet Rocket too.

Pump- Truflo Minitrack (it’s quite big, but brilliant in use. Sort of like your mountain morphs etc but telescopic as well so shifts more air than anything else I’ve used that you can realistically carry)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

got (and keep losing) the CB one has nearly everything except a T30 for a set of race face cranks.
    There are some good park ones about but the basics are:
    3/4/5/6/8 and maybe 10m allen keys
    T25/T30 (check which one)
    Chain Tool
    Flat and Phillips screwdriver
    and a rock to hammer with

unsponsored
    Free Member

I have got rid of the cycle multi tool a few years back as they were either difficult to use or were low quality/made of cheese. This included a crank bros and hexus.

I now carry:
    3 Bondhus allen keys to cover the bolts on my bike
    A weatherman skeletool which is good and light weight, two screw driver bits are part of the unit
    A park mini chain tool

I have got all the bases covered and the tool are of a good quality and work!

austy
    Free Member

Got myself a lezeyne multi tool love it to bits, can even bodge a ht2 preload with one of the tools. And its red so makes me faster at fixing things.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Multi-Tool Advice’ is closed to new replies.