Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Multi-Skilled Assistant Needed for Bike-related Online Startup. London Based.
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hi,

A friend of mine is working on a project for a business that will be an web-based enterprise to launch in the near future. The business will be combining real bike shops with online facilities in a way such as to level the playing field between the two.

He is based in London, so despite many overtures made to me in the last few months I have been unable to take the job 🙁

Basically, the role will be general assistant as my verygoodfriend, despite being a hardworking guy is just rushed off his feet with all the ground that needs to be covered. You’ll be meeting, researching, speaking to industry and some traveling.

The business is already well on the way to becoming a reality, has investment, trading partners and other stuff going on which I probably can’t post about here 😀 He’s just been booked to talk at one of the upcoming major bike shows, so he’s making an impression on the industry already.

It’s certainly not going to go nowhere, and knowing the guy as I do, I would imagine it’s going to make quite a stir overall.

The position is full time*, with pay that won’t suck [though I’ll let you hash that out between yourselves] and with a short time to starting!

So – if you’re interested, leave your name here with either “Email in Profile” or another contact email/method and he’ll email you with further details.

*However, he has said that for the right candidate, part time may also be possible. If you’re really the right person but busy on some days in the week, something may well be possible to arrange anyway.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Bump – this is a good opportunity here!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ll bite ! Email in profile

soundninjauk

Wouldn’t mind knowing the details, email in profile.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Both of you should be getting an email tomorrow.

I suspect some people may be wondering why he’s not posting himself?

The reason is simply that I have a decent rep here, so the the post looks less weird, and also if he had time to spare for foruming, he’d not need to employ anyone 😀

There’s nothing odd about this, it’s just we know here’s a good place to find people who are really into bikes and bike culture – so if you fancy a satisfying job, just leave your names here 🙂

PLEASE NOTE – DON’T EMAIL ME – MIKE WILL EMAIL YOU. Cheers 🙂

cokie

I’m keen to find out more.
    Would love to work for a start-up.
    Email cokie.stw@gmail.com

cleanerbybike
    Free Member

I’ll bite too – email in profile

Sounds mysterious and intriguing!

one_bad_mofo

Always interested in a return to the bike trade, so e-mail in profile.

akira

Sure I’ll bite, planning on going back full time at some point for the right job. Email in profile.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Cool beans. Keep em coming 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Would he be interested in more than just an assistant, i.e. an active partner with 20 years business experience in sales an MBA and potentially additional investment behind him (both in terms of personal money and other Private Equity investors)?

If so I’d love a conversation. Can have coffee in London any time. Email in profile.

mark88

Sounds interesting, email in profile.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Go on then, send us some details as well.
    I miss working with the weird and wonderful in the cycle trade.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Email in profile.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hi, I don’t know if he’s told you guys but Mikes going to message you today, he says.

Cheers!

tomdubz

I’ll bite too – email in profile.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I haven’t received an email. Is this the first part of the selection process? I.e having an eye on deadlines and correspondence?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Ha, good question. I’ll find out what the plan is.

mickeyt

Hi all,

This is Mike the friend who’s business this post relates too!

Thanks for all the interest. We’re just collating everything and will get back to you next week. We didn’t expect quite so much interest so have been finalising a job spec today!

And to be perfectly honest, helping in ensuring quick responses to correspondence is something we definitely need help with! Sorry for the delay!!

Cheers,
    Mike

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Welcome to the forum 🙂

scunny
    Free Member

I’d be interested as well. Email in profile.

mickeyt

Hey Akira,

I can’t see your email address in your profile – can you email me on mike{at}togetherweride{dot}co{dot}uk please? Everyone else, your email will be with you by tomorrow lunch time at the very latest!

Cheers,
    Mike

mickeyt

Hey all,

I have emailed almost everyone in the list but if you haven’t got an email yet then that’s not because we’re ignoring you, it’s because you gave a little more info in your application / comment / email than just your contact details so I want to make sure that I give you the right information!

Cheers,
    Mike

paul78
    Free Member

Would it be possible to also get the information please.

Thanks in advance

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Multi-Skilled Assistant Needed for Bike-related Online Startup. London Based.’ is closed to new replies.