Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Multi-drop satnav … Best one ??
  • lasty
    Free Member

Looks like i`ll be multi-dropping/collecting in the soft south for a while …
    Just wondering if anyone uses a good multi-drop satnav – you know, pop in the various addresses and it sorts out your best sequence and route etc …
    Any suggestions mucho appreciated

jota180
    Free Member

Tomtom dropped itinerary planning from a lot of their range so double check if you look at TT

I think all Garmins still have it

lasty
    Free Member

Cheers Jota, ive been looking at tomtoms but thats why i can`t seem to find what i need!
    Navman seem to support the functions i need with the 1695 but i`ll check out the Garnim stuff ..

totalshell

would reccomend the navi.. ours seems to pick routes at random..

manchester to southampton takes m6 southampton to manchester takes m1.. quickest route from windermere to barrow it goes via ambleside .. return journey it wants to go via kendal..

not consistant enough.. good for finding specific addresses (via post code) but look for a street name and a good number are missing.. still use my a to z most days..

Flaperon

Probably more effective plotting the points on a map and then using your eye to judge the best route. No consumer-grade sat nav will have the brain power to do a proper job with more than about three addresses.

When I did multi-drop I used to photocopy the city pages from an A-Z and just use a highlighter on the streets I was delivering to. You can make up a route pretty easily just from that.

*Thinks back to blocks of flats whose occupants were NEVER in*

nealglover
    Free Member

Garmin Nuvi 765 can do it with multiple addresses no problem.

Out them all in and it works out the best route, I’ve used it a few times for deliveries in the past and it works well enough.

Although I prefer to use a map for routing really, just seems like there is no substitute for actually knowing where you are, and not relying on something that might let you down.

Use a map to sort your route, and a sat nav to find the exact address once you are in the right area.

If you use the sat nav to sort your route out for you, you don’t really know how to load the van logically and will be searching at every drop.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Multi-drop satnav … Best one ??’ is closed to new replies.