Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Multi-day Alpine trip
  • UK-FLATLANDER

I'm contemplating a multiday Alpine trip and was wondering if you guys are aware of any, and if so could point me to some information. So far I have found the Tour Du Mont Blanc and the Haute Route. Anyone done any thing similar? How did you find booing accommodation etc?

Cheers.

UK-FLATLANDER

Bump – for the evening crowd

kennyp
    Free Member

Part, or all, of the GR5?

The Mont Blanc tour is superb though as well. Not done the Haute Route yet.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

We do them!. We're set in a wonderful part of Austria, and some of the singletrack is just in-accessable unless multi day routes are chosen. Normally a two day trip will involve a whole bunch of climbing on day one, stay in an alpine hut overnight and then an almost pedal free day home again. Longer trips vary, but we can taylor them to suit.

I have also ridden most of the GR5 from Geneva to Nice. its a great route, but pretty busy with walkers in places, and I didnt enjoy having to carry all my camping gear.

Whatever you choose, make sure you get plenty of fitness in before hand as it will make it so much more worthwhile.

Enjoy!

kennyp
    Free Member

Is the GR5 pretty much all rideable then, and how long does it take? I've only done a few short bits when based around Morzine. It's one of the things I have in mind if I should ever find myself a victim of the recession.

snaps
    Free Member

Have you seen this ?
    http://www.mbmb.co.uk/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Multi-day Alpine trip’ is closed to new replies.