Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Multi-car insurance
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Dull Qu.

About to end up with 3 vehicles in the stoner household, one of which is a camper van that will be in storage for much of the year.

Have looked at Admiral car insurance and amazingly their policy for 3 (£510) cars comes in at less than what I’m currently paying for 2 (£650)

I cant seem to find any other 3x car discount insurers, are admiral the only one? Any one got any other recommendations? Just want to double check the price before pressing go.

joeyj
    Free Member

We are with Admiral and never had any problems with them. We were also with Privilege previous where we received a 20% discount with having 2 cars insured with them but the premiums went up significantly, however they were always good if there were any problems

mega
    Free Member

admiral were great for 1st year but our renewal went up 50%

just got a quote from aviva (£60 quidco cash back)

admiral renewal £750 for 2 cars £500 excess
    aviva £400 after cash back with £250 excess

not sure if aviva do 3 cars tho

br
    Free Member

I looked at this a while back, seemed to mean we got locked in – plus the saving didn’t cover the costs to have both vehicles due at the same time (needed to cancel a policy). And not sure how it works if you sell and move back to 1 or 2 vehicles.

Stoner
    Free Member

the way the quote puts it, the discount is put on each subsequent car cover and so you arent really locked in, as you dont get the benefit until you pay for the cover on expiry of your existing cover. So my quote says pay X now for the new car, Y in August when your second car is up for renewal and Z in November on the last one.

Im guessing I can just choose not to buy the next two policies when I get there if I get a better quote.

I will ask get a copy of the terms sent anyway.

trail_rat
    Free Member

your campers registered as a camper then ?

it seems i need “multi commercial social domestic and pleasure” as only one of my vehicle falls under car 🙁 – i looked recently at multicar as my policy is due but then at 500 quid for the 3 individual policys i mustnt grumble too much.

if only there was a significant discount for incar cameras – id fit them in a heart beat – i have a roadhawk on my helmet on the bike and A i ride more conservitivly due to not wanting to provide evidence i was in the wrong and B i then have coverage incase of pikeys/hit and run/ crashes where they try to blame me.

Stoner
    Free Member

I. Am. Such. A. Div.

😳

The reason the quotes were so low…part year cover for the two later policies – Admiral starts their cover on the renewal date, but then aligns all the car renewals dates to one.

Well bollox to that.

Stoner
    Free Member

trail_rat – check out LifeSure group – Motor and Caravan cover. My T4 is £250 a year for Fully Comp.

alibongo001

I have Admiral and have found them OK, although no claims yet.

They were significantly cheaper than insuring separately as our x5 went up to about £1100 on its own one year. Managed to get my Scirocco and a 911 all done for less than £2000.

Each year it seems to go up, but a few challenging questions seem to shave a couple of 100’s off!

tutgareth
    Free Member

Have been with admrial multicar for 3years now and each renewal has been the best deal available for 3 cars (Audi A4, Corsa, Corrado)

:thumbsup:

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve also always found Aviva really competitive, currently have 2 cars insured on a multi-car.

antigee

mega – Member

admiral were great for 1st year but our renewal went up 50%

ditto plus the 10 month thing

Stoner
    Free Member

I have one car with the AA, so went to them for a quote for the new one, good price, £135 3rdPF&T.

Thought Id check the quote with a few others, directline at £160. Phoned the ol’ farmer’s friend: NFU Mutual. Spent 20 minutes on the phone going through the quotation process (no online quote. oohharrrrrrwurzel) – to be given a quote of £920! (NOT a typo!)

I said she must have got something very wrong, it’s a 25 yr old landrover, not a Veyron, but no, that was the quote. What a waste of everyone’s time!

ANyway, went with the AA in the end.

trail_rat
    Free Member

you tried footman james and lancaster on classic car policys right ?

i got stupidly cheap quotes via them for 5000miles a year for a 27 year old landy.

GJP
    Free Member

I am with Aviva and paying less for two cars than I did for one, not sure why it worked out this way but not complaining. Been with them for a few years and always had full protected NCD, so why adding a car reduces my premiums is beyond me.

Not sure where they stand on 3 cars.

redthunder
    Free Member

Admiral = rubbish.

Don’t ignore the renewal letters! thinking they’ll just cancel because you not repaid.

Just got dry bummed for £22 because I failed to tell them I wanted to cancel.

I HATE THE AUTO RENEWAL BUSINESS… COMPLETE CHARLATANS.

I went with RSA Echoice in the end and at a fraction of the cost. And they ask if you want to auto renew or not.

timbur
    Free Member

NFU were rubbish on my Fourtrak as well Stoner. They didn’t believe that a 2.8 TDI could only comfortably go 55 mph :O(

bigblackshed

Just insured my car with More Than. The Wife’s car is due next month. They offered a 20% discount on the 2nd car when it’s due. The renewal from Hastings was £295. More Than was £155. Surprisingly Hastings managed to get the quote down to £167 when I phoned up to tell them I wouldn’t be renewing.

Tried Admiral a few years ago when they introduced the multi-car thing. We were paying about £350 for both cars at the time. Admiral wanted about £650. Errrr…… No thanks.

Rich_s

You must have quite a lot of spare time on your hands if you’re trying to beat a quote of 160 quid! That must be close to a minimum premium and I bet there’s only a couple of quid in it for the insurer.

bigblackshed

The phone call to Hastings was to tell them to not to renew, it would have auto-renewed without informing them. I’d already decided to go with More Than. They asked if they could try to match the lower quote. If they had quoted their lower price in the first place……….

Stoner
    Free Member

timbur – glad I went for the landy that can only do 55mph instead 🙂 There was a fourtrak for sale on a card in the village shop window: 75k for £2,800….

Probably not really big enough to fill with tools & the boys & the dog though.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Multi-car insurance’ is closed to new replies.