Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Mugdock – finally!
  • peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve been to Mugdock a couple of times and never really found much to write home about, leaving diappointed that the good trails were there but I just couldn’t find them.

Took the new bike out for it’s first outing on Saturday and I found LOADS! I must have spent 2 hours going back and forth through the forest (I can’t believe someone stole your bridge btw) and suddenly I started finding stuff all over the place! Highlights were a long and silly fast downhill with a 200ft drop on your left hand side the whole way down 🙂

So glad I finally know where stuff is, had no idea the trails were “developed”.

Didn’t see a soul for 4 hours until I got lost on the way back to the car and spotted four guys just heading into the forest who gave me a wave from afar (not a euphemism).

Would definitely be interested in heading over when locals are going, the quality of stuff is much higher than I was expecting!

iainc

peter – get yersel along on Wed night for 745 GMBC ride good trails, good craic, and hopefully good weather , at least this week. No need to join for first few rides 😛

We have 3 midweek rides – Tue at 7, which is very popular and relatively chilled, Wed at 730, which is a summer only Intro ride for new riders, and the traditional Wed 745 club ride, which is a couple of hours and great fun., Meet in the Stewart St car park. Our WordPress site is gubbed post hacking, but our Facebook page is busy.

cheers

Iain

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I may finally get up there next Wednesday night, if I can drag my ass away from fairlie!.

hainman
    Free Member

Mugdock is amazing if you know where the stuff is,ive been up loads and always have a great ride,helps when you go with people who know where all the gems are,its trying to remember it all….
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPt0YyvxjL8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm7-omJYzr0
    some nice bits,

bigyinn
    Free Member

I think he’s getting Mugdock confused with the Surrey Hills!

seosamh77
    Free Member

What amazes me is youse have names for the trails! mugdock is great, can be a slog in places when muddy though!

not done that clifftop one mind you, but i’ve a fair idea where it is! 🙂

hainman
    Free Member

seosamh77 its the 1st time i rode it that way,done it twice before and went UP it,hard climb but awesome going down,mind you it has that added spice of the big bloody cliff at the side,
    hopefully we get a dry week as the trails run superb when dry….

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Great to see a vid of Craig’s trail Hainman 🙂

murf
    Free Member

I’ve never fully realised how big the drop at the side of that trail is! Too busy watching where I’m going I guess.
    I used to know a few routes up there but since all the trees were chopped I get lost up there!

hainman
    Free Member

cheers proline,its a good wee bit just need to nail the wall jump instead of rolling it,

hainman
    Free Member

yeh murf,its a belter,squeaky bum time if ye dont pay attention,theres a wee section of to the left that really steep and technical,takes you down onto the road,but you’d need to be brave.stupid very gifted rider to get down it,

frazchops
    Free Member

Ah Flux Incapacitator, nothing funnier than a broken Turner

doug_basqueMTB.com

It´s funny people are still using the same names, you probably don´t even know who me or Sonic Bob are! I don´t even know if Bob still has his flux.

Nice to see a few vids of my old home trails!

hainman
    Free Member

i would be lying if i said i did but HI…. the trails are great,if a bit hard to find but its great to have stuff so locally that has an array of different riding,be nicer if we had more sun to enjoy them 🙂

monkeyninja
    Free Member

The bit from clifftop to the road is the best bit of that trail.. hows the minions working for you?

hainman
    Free Member

aye brilliant,had them both ob at a wet Glentress on Saturday and they felt way better than the nics,more grip,more confidence…been down it once but sh1t myself a couple of times 😯

monkeyninja
    Free Member

Glad you like them… you’ll be leaning the bike into corners at angles you never thought possible!

hainman
    Free Member

kiddy steps first haha off to cathkin on friday,see how they fare on the rocks before the tunnel,always slip there…

haggis1978

I’ve made it down the steep bit to the left on my 140mm hardtail. Shat meself but made it down lol tried it on my 100mm travel hard tail one day and failed though lol

mrplow
    Free Member

There are currently 4 distinct trails down to Rosies Road. The one that comes out third in order up the hill is currently the best imo :mrgreen: Ace couple of switchbacks although someone knocked down some small trees on the inside down on one switch back to make the line much easier 🙁

doug_basqueMTB.com

It was Sonic Bob´s Flux that broke and I suggested the name Flux Incapacitator. We´d been moving fallen trees to clear the trail and a branch fell on the top tube of Bob´s flux. Great times riding those trails and the videos have brought back happy memories. Thanks!

hainman
    Free Member

doug,love the flux but its murder in the wet,but again its all great fun,

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Mugdock – finally!’ is closed to new replies.