Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mudhugger or mudguardz?
  • gumstabber
    Free Member

So if I’m going to spend my money on a plastic (not the carbon versions) mudguard thing which of the 2 in the title is best.

I’ll be having one on the 29er F/S with pikes and 2.4in front tyre. The second will go on a 650b with reba forks and 2.4in tyre.

I was looking at the pg450 version of the mudguardz.

It’s required to try and stop mud getting under my glasses and in to my eyes.

blastit
    Free Member

Out with a couple of Mudgaurdz guys last night and they did look very nice and worked. Same as the carbon version but in cheaper plastic. I run the carbon one and on my 29er and it does the trick and looks good as well, when mine gives up I will go plastic .

Aristotle
    Free Member

(preferably made out of a piece of old inner-tube)

+ Crud Catcher is the best and cheapest method to keep your eyes clean.

gumstabber
    Free Member

Had the “neogard” type thing above and it does a sterling job of stopping forward spray. However it was useless at stopping mud and water going vertically upwards from the front tyre and flying under the rim of my glasses.

Aristotle
    Free Member

which is why a Crud Catcher is also used.

zippykona

The old inner tube is amazing however the mud hugger type also protects your headset.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a Mud Hugger. Not used in anger yet, but the shape and quality is great. Not masses of room between tyre and guard though (2.3 Minion). As above, gives great protection against headset and fork seals, which an old tube does not…

gumstabber
    Free Member

I was worried about the amount of space, especially when I’ve got a 29er Magic Mary up-front!

Does the Mudguard give more space?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I will be getting a front mudhugger to go with my rear. Protection for me, headset and fork stanchions in one go

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mudhugger or mudguardz?’ is closed to new replies.