Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mudhugger or Marsh Guard?
  • 154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Orange 5 650b. Any thoughts on what’ll work best front and rear?
    Cheers

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Anyone?

rOcKeTdOg

can’t comment on 5 fitment, but I’ve got a mudhugger and it’s excellent

PhilO
    Free Member

can’t comment on 5 fitment, but I’ve got a mudhugger and it’s excellent

+1

The low swing arm of a 5 will make either design stick almost straight up, so I suspect it may well be less effective than on other frame designs. I’d suggest using the 29r version, as it’s a little longer. This works well on my Nicolai.

BoardinBob

For the front I’d go mashguard. Mudhugger is a lot thicker and clogs easier. Rear is a mashguard every time.

Bedds
    Free Member

Hhhmmm, I’m not so sure BB, I’ve got a Mudhugger on my Anthem 650b and have not experienced any issues with it clogging, it’s a great design and keeps you pretty clean in even the most horrible of conditions, fitting is easy too.

That’s probably not helped much sorry!

andyr
    Free Member

The low swing arm of a 5 will make either design stick almost straight up, so I suspect it may well be less effective than on other frame designs. I’d suggest using the 29r version, as it’s a little longer. This works well on my Nicolai.

They do an Orange specific version just for this reason, and the massive swingarm.

Mudhuggers are great. Got them front and rear, no clogging issues but then I’ve only got 2.1″ tyres on.

jedi

Front hugger for me.

daver27
    Free Member

Marshguard on the front and waterproof shorts on the rear..

blastit
    Free Member

This is by far the best front guard on the market and a nice bit of bling
    http://www.rockguardz.com/mudguardz/mudguard-cg490-medium.html?___SID=U

Medium seems the most popular for all round duty

BoardinBob

Hhhmmm, I’m not so sure BB, I’ve got a Mudhugger on my Anthem 650b and have not experienced any issues with it clogging, it’s a great design and keeps you pretty clean in even the most horrible of conditions, fitting is easy too.

To be fair I do run a proper 2.4 tyre on the front but I’ve had it clog twice on me in races earlier this year in some of the worst mud possible

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Cheers people

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mudhugger or Marsh Guard?’ is closed to new replies.