Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • mudguards that fit down by your wheels?
  • bigthorn
    Free Member

What are they called, where can I get them

Rickos
    Free Member
    bigthorn
    Free Member

Think that’s them. Do they go on the back too only got pics of them on front on site

Rickos
    Free Member

I think they’re only for your forks and only if you have an arch on the front, so DT Swiss and Manitou don’t really work with them. You could fashion your own from some milk bottles and zip ties.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

After a lot of experimenting with various types of ‘whaletail’ style guards i bought one of these last weekend :-

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/mtb-rear-mud-guard-id_5993871.html

and bodged it to fit the swingarm on my Marin Wolf Ridge.

The two downward-facing arms fit snugly into the swingarm, i fitted some vibration-damping sticky-backed foam from work and drilled three holes in each arm. Used some cable ties to fasten the guard to the swingarm and voila! One close fitting guard that is tightly fitted (no wobble) to the swingarm, has approx an inch clearance between tyre and guard, and doesn’t prevent me getting right off the back of the saddle.

All for £7.99 and a few cable ties.

bigthorn
    Free Member

Just read the details and have answered my last question myself, cheers

TheFopster
    Free Member

Got a Zefal No Mud mounted on rear swing arm and works a treat. Fits close to wheel and keeps crap out of seat tube as stops mud getting splattered all over the seat collar. Similar to bodged Decathlon a la first post but no need for cable ties and easy to get mail order if LBS doesn’t stock ’em.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Got a Zefal No Mud mounted on rear swing arm and works a treat. Fits close to wheel and keeps crap out of seat tube as stops mud getting splattered all over the seat collar. Similar to bodged Decathlon a la first post but no need for cable ties and easy to get mail order if LBS doesn’t stock ’em.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Does anyone use the Zefal No Mud on a full suss (on the rear)?

druidh
    Free Member

We had one fitted to Jojos HeiHei for the Puffer. As long as you mount it far enough away from the seat tube (to allow for suspension travel), it should be fine.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Cool – thanks druidh. I’ll investigate further as I really don’t like how Crudcatchers look and middle age dictates that a relatively dry arse sits quite high up the list of priorities.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I felt i had to ‘fettle’ the Decathlon guard as i reckoned it was going to foul on the seat tube. Just trimmed the short end and cleaned the edge up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘mudguards that fit down by your wheels?’ is closed to new replies.