• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mos.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mudguards for RC31's?
  • epicsteve
    Free Member

Commuted on the newly built Inbred for the first time this morning, in the pissing rain with lots of standing water on the roads and trails. Not ideal without mudguards. Rear is fine as the Inbred has the necessary fittings but can anyone suggest a mudguard to fit Pace RC31's?

I take it I could use one of those ones that fits the bottom of the steerer tube but, as they're ugly, I'd rather not if there is a better looking alternative.

simon1975

Crudcatcher?

epicsteve
    Free Member

A crudcatcher is an option (and has the advantage that I've got a spare on in the garage) but it doesn't stop water that the tyre picks up from the road being thrown into your face.

druidh
    Free Member

Crud catcher and something like a Neoguard would work. Problem with the latter is the lack of an arch on the forks, so home-made might work better anyway.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

What size tyres are you running? if they are narrow ones then you could try the new crud road ones as they don't need fittings.

epicsteve
    Free Member

A fair bit of the commute gets done off-road, and in better weather can include some decent singletrack etc. as I can detour in the Pentlands, so I'm running 2.1" Racing Ralphs at the moment.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

zip ties and p-clips with normal guards.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Cut up an old inner tube and zip tie onto the forks to fill in the gap between the tyre & the crown. Will stop most of the crud being thrown in your face

mos

i used sks race blades on mine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards for RC31's?’ is closed to new replies.