Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mudguards for a road bike without any fixing-y things?!
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I bought my first (cheap) road bike last autumn to ride the coast to coast. However I’ve been using it to cycle to work quite regularly and need some mudguards. Is there anything out there that somehow clips on without eyelet things or whatever they’re called?

It’s a Felt f95 if that’s relevant

Ta

fasthaggis

P-clips or old light and computer mounts .

like these

jimbocube
    Free Member

I have these on my giant defy, took about 3 minutes to fit and would be easy to remove but i haven’t bothered yet. Topeak Defender RC1 / RC11 Road / Racing Bike Mudguards Set

fasthaggis

Oh ,and whatever you fit ,put some tape round the frame first if you are bothered about it getting scratched/worn.

cookeaa

Or buy p-clips with a rubber cover.

Fleabay has lots of options, mine need to go on this weekend, although now I am told we are having glorious sunshine until November???

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

SKS Raceblade Long beat all other options into the ground. Get the long QR maouinted versions ones though, they’re far far better than the short stay mounted ones.

stumpy01

I’m in the same predicament. Got myself some Topeak Defender R1/R2 guards.
    Took a while to set-up, but once they were set-up they are pretty good. Surprised just how much drier you stay with them on, although I’m aware that they aren’t as good as full guards, and because the rear guard doesn’t come any further than the seatsays there is nothing to keep your front mech protected. But, I was more concerned about keeping me protected.

I looked at the Crud ones, but they look like a real faff to fit. And I regularly sling the bike in the car, drive to a mates after work and we ride from there, so the guards needed to be easy to take on and off.

Next road bike is definitely gonna require eyelets for full mud guards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards for a road bike without any fixing-y things?!’ is closed to new replies.