Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Mudguards
  • dallas95
    Free Member

What are people using? I have a crud catcher on the downtube but nothing else. Looking to reduce the spray in my face so RRP on the fork with the crud catcher or a fork mounted front guard?

stevede
    Free Member

I use the Powa defender from mojo, very expensive, very ugly but very very good.

seavers
    Free Member
    Northwind

SKS Shockboard is flawed but still excellent- the mounting hardware is feeble, cracks too easily but a couple of cable ties fixes that. Not even all that ugly- less stupid looking than a crud catcher imo and actually does something.

Muckynuts Bender Fender is fairly effective but definitely has its limits, especially at higher speed when it stops catching the stuff that goes out forwards. But on the other hand, is lightweight and non-ugly so mine stay on all year except when the Shockboards go on.

fatboyjon

SKS Shockboard front/Crud Raceguard rear on one bike which is a reasonable set up, Crud Catcher and Crud Fast Fender front, SKS 29er guard rear on another which work better on both ends. They all look pretty bobbins but I very rarely take them off.

robdob
    Free Member

The ride I went on yesterday was quite muddy – wet mud rather than sticky. I couldn’t find my crud catcher so depended only on my RRP neoprene guard. The whole ride I got 3 drops of water/mud on my sunglasses despite being in it for 5hrs+! Brilliant bit of kit and now I won’t bother with the crud catcher.

What amuses me is people on £3k bikes saying “they’re too expensive” and making their own out of inner tubes. 🙄 😆

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

+1 muckynutz. Simple. Effective. Cheap.

zippykona

Just got the mudhugger front. Not used it yet but should offer more protection than mucky nutz and is certainly more robust.

danielgroves
    Free Member

What amuses me is people on £3k bikes saying “they’re too expensive” and making their own out of inner tubes.

Thats because they’ve just blown every penny they have on the bike…

thejesmonddingo

Put the mudhuggers on this week,first ride today on a long muddy track with puddles upto 6″ deep,very impressed,much better then the Mucky Nutz they replaced,and the Crudguards that were on before.

robdob
    Free Member

Did you get a front Mudhugger too? I like the way they protect the stantions/seals on your forks, which the RRP doesn’t do.

tomkerton
    Free Member

The mucky nuts bender fender XL is simply brilliant for £11. Swapped from shock boards as they kept working loose.

iain1775
    Free Member

Just fitted a mudhugger to the front today, will test it tomorrow but first impressions are good, and at £18 it’s a lot more solid, hard wearing and robust than a fender bender (which I found just bent every time Imhad to remove wheel and put bike in car), low profile too can hardly see its there
    https://www.themudhugger.co.uk/shop/
    Thinking of getting another front one to botch onto the rear as a shock guard (Commencal Meta AM)

PhilO
    Free Member

I’m another Mudhugger user. Very impressed. 😀

derekfish
    Free Member

£3.49 Mudguard set from Aldi, can’t wait for the abuse to start on my next ride.

PhilO
    Free Member

Double post…

iain1775
    Free Member

Just back from a 4.5 hr very muddy ride first time using the mudhugger
    Very very impressed would recommend them over any other mudguard at the moment, totally solid, didn’t move a millimetre and kept my face, front of bike and fork stanchions pretty much spotless
    Neoguard and a mucky nutz fender bender for sale if anyone wants?

zippykona

Are people running the front mudhugger with a crud catcher?
    I tried mine today but there’s no mud!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards’ is closed to new replies.