Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mudguard Nightmare Advice/Help Needed
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Anyone fitted Sks Chromoplastic mudguards to a 2017 Cannondale CAADX? Rear were a doddle to fit as were the from until trying to fit around the brake calliper without the mudguard rubbing on the tyre. Anyone solve the problem, pics would be great. Loosing my head here about to rip them off and resign myself to just getting wet!!!

survivor

You can either get inventive with your bending technique on the stays or make some sort of spacer with a longer bolt to bring the stays away from the caliper.

Mudgaurds, I’ve found, can be a proper pain when they want to be, which is most of the time.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Tried the longer bolt as that’s what I had to do on my Croix de Fer but as the threaded holes on the carbon fork are on the inside of the fork the long bolt interferes with the wheel. Damn frustrating!!!

tthew

Not for your specific bike, but on both mine and the missis bike I cut one stay off the brake side and bent the remaining one in an elbow below the caliper. 3 stays is plenty of both bikes, and I like to fit the guards nice and close so there’s very little flap room on either.

If your eyelets are not in the traditional place at the drop out, (often a couple of inches up the inside on carbon forks IIRC) I suppose you could always go over the top.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Sounds like a lan would be happy with three stays and yes Carbon forks up the inside right next to brake calliper!! Not very well thought out for the Uk weather!!

twicewithchips
    Free Member

heat gun?
    edit..Although reading properly I now think you mean its the stay not the guard itself?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mudguard Nightmare Advice/Help Needed’ is closed to new replies.