Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Muddytrackworld – seat covers, have we covered that yet?
  • catsplums
    Free Member

Dear all…

Summer is disappearing pretty quickly here with the rain belting it down here. I have no issue with this however the current Mrs Catsplums might have my plums on a stick if I muddy up her car all the time (she has the practical family car).
    So I am after recommendations for good quality waterproof seat covers to keep my soggy backside from manking up the leather. (2009 Honda CRV). Quality of materials, fit and aesthetics are all a consideration as they may be fitted for extended periods so I am obviously prepared to send that bit extra compared to the cheaper covers.
    Any thoughts or first hand experience?

simon_g

I have one of these: halfords which works well with deeper bolsters for sports seats. Side airbag compatible too. They do a 4×4 version for bigger seats.

To be honest, it’s only used if I’ve got a short hop home otherwise I’d rather change into something dry for the journey home.

catsplums
    Free Member

Thanks, I shall go take a look 🙂

votchy
    Free Member

Leather seats here, my process is cheap nylon seat covers, remove dirty shorts leaving inner shorts on, wipe down legs with muddy outers, put clean dry shorts on for journey home, remove muddy top, put dry top on, sit in car, drive home. The thought of getting changed in the cold and dark is far worse than actually getting changed in the cold and dark 😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

Spare dry clothes first and then the best covers I ‘ve come across are a company on ebay who make custom vehicle specific ones.
    Not Halfords cheap but worth every penny.
    I had them in the 330 – I’ll try and find the link for you.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One of these to stand in and keep the muddy stuff separate, clean pants and dry shorts and tshirt for the drive home. Have an old towel for general cleaning up and drying off

The thought of getting changed in the cold and dark is far worse than actually getting changed in the cold and dark

And driving home in dry stuff is much nicer

ndthornton
    Free Member

keep the seat covers that you get when your car comes back from a service. They do the job just fine

Yak

company on ebay who make custom vehicle specific ones.

this. And I can’t remember who I got them from either. Perfect fit though.

hammyuk
    Free Member

This is the company I used – not cheap but cheaper than a wrecked seat/valet!

Seat covers

cakefacesmallblock

Maybe ? … 100 for less than a tenner…..
    http://www.greatsupplies.co.uk/Disposable-Polythene-Car-Seat-Covers

roverpig

The whole point of “upgrading” to the leather seats was so that I didn’t have to worry about the mess made by the kids or by me. Just wipe the seats down and stick some of that cleaner/polish on from time to time. It’s just a car, who cares*

*YMMV of course 🙂

catsplums
    Free Member

plenty of food for thought there, thanks all for your time responding.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Muddytrackworld – seat covers, have we covered that yet?’ is closed to new replies.