Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Muddy riders in Glyncorrwg cafe
  • IdleJon

Finished our ride last weekend – cold, muddy as expected. Packed bikes into car, changed into dry clothes, went into cafe to find the place chock full of filthy, wet riders. There was a whole table who sat there eating lunch wearing their helmets. Why? Did they think they would fall off their chairs? Anyway, this is just a hint for you if you were there………..finish your ride, put some dry clothes on, have your food. It’s more pleasant for you, for people sitting around you, and certainly for the poor staff. (I understand that this doesn’t apply to riders who are part of the way around a ride, or on sunny dry days, etc,)

simondbarnes

What makes you think they had finished their ride? Whenever I’ve been to Afan I’ve stayed at the log cabins at the top of the last wall descent. Would you expect me to ride back there, get changed, jump in a car and drive to the cafe? Get off your high horse.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Was it this one?

Sitting there all muddy, making the place all muddy for others, might be a bit off, I have to say. Sit on a newspaper? Offer to clean up any mess?

Sitting there in helmets is just plain daft! I’d have laughed at them.

PJ266
    Free Member

The cafes know mtber’s are muddy. thats why they have floors that are easy to clean!!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

The best thing about the hub at Glentress is that its a bit manky so you can go for a feed without changing.

crispybacon
    Free Member

first pictures of the new MTB ‘dress code’ rules for the Drop Off cafe @ Glyncorrwg – anyone no suitably attired will be made to eat in the car park

andym
    Free Member

There was a whole table who sat there eating lunch wearing their helmets.

Yep, that is a bit weird.

hora
    Free Member

Agree, why in their helmets? Were they jeyxc-core showing their ‘armour’/plummery to the ladies in there?

matt_outandabout

Oh i dunno – I sat there and ate lunch in a canoe helmet before (and matching kit, including bouyancy aid) – I was cold, very cold, and taking my warm bunnet and bouyancy aid off was a step to far…

Get out and ride yer bike, then you wont bump into all these orrible mucky bike riders..

hora
    Free Member

Agree, why in their helmets? Were they jeyxc-core showing their ‘armour’/plummery to the ladies in there?

lethal_frizzle
    Free Member

come on guys, to be honest why does it matter wether they’re in their helmets or not, if you’re still in your kit it’d be easy to forget to take your helmet off. i got in the car the other day wth mine on.
    and tbh, who likes the feeling of putting a cold sweaty helmet back on your head!

anyway, i think these cafes at mtb centres have to sort of expect muddy riders to go in there. me and my mates stop at the cafe at nant yr arian after riding out from aberystwyth before riding back, obviously theres no way we can change, but we do give them some business, which isnt always that forthcoming in the winter!

matt_outandabout

the cafe if idlejon ran it:

qwerty
    Free Member

your havin a laugh????

its a fookin MTBers cafe

get a life

kiwi_stu
    Free Member

Better than naked… I guess

hora
    Free Member

The girl fourth in has just spotted me walking in all jey-armoured up. She wants shock and awe.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

no way mark, she wants me.

IdleJon

No, matt_outandabout, I can see some shoulders there.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No, lads, she’s laughing at you.

AT you, not with you…

djglover
    Free Member

must be a troll, I don’t remember eating at any trail centre cafe and having to change.

Ditto a road ride, a non trail centre mtb ride or a hike?

djglover
    Free Member

That bird lads, thats me – I’m sat behind her in real life.

IdleJon

And don’t mention jey-armour. You’d swear some of the riders were doing Megavalanche. Slowly. Very slowly. That was my other rant.

slugwash
    Free Member

A fine example of the type of crockery to be found at IdleJon’s ideal Cafe……

Elbows off the tables!!!’

shands
    Free Member

I very much doubt that the Ian and the girls (aka The Dropoff staff) very much care that your stinking dirty and sitting in their steel chairs at their steel tables, walking on their solid wooden floor. They expect some mess its a bloody mountainbiking cafe.

Very poor rant 1/10. NEXT…..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

We often stop off at Maggs Howe caff in Kentmere mid ride, covered in shite. The nice lady puts out newspapers for us to sit on 🙂

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

thats a big horse…why would the cafe’s not let the muddy riders in? its thier only income? lol go in muddy next time…food tastes better if ur muddy cold and wet 😛

rOcKeTdOg

lol @ slugwashes teapot!

i got told of at the Hub for sitting on the chair with a muddy bum….it was when they had the settees outside though

Trampus
    Free Member

Rudeboy- That pic is shonk. It would barely pass as a sheltie, oop north!

Remember the song:

“May be it’s a big horse, ‘cos I’m a Londoner…….”

😆

user-removed
    Free Member

Depends where you are in your ride. If you’re stoked, half way through your day, you’re likely to plant your muddy bum down without thinking twice. If you’ve just got changed into clean gear, you’ll get the hump at others doing the same.

Should be in the pub after a ride anyway.

garage-dweller

What a rubbish rant.

I can just picture my next trip there. Get up in morning, go to Glyncorwg to do a nice (inevitably muddy and wet) lap of Whytes, return to cafe for lunch.

Shower & change, obviously.

Also I think we should dress properly for lunch, perhaps chinos, a blazer and club tie or even a lounge suit and punched brogues?

After which I’ll put my soggy lycra back on and head off for a lap of the wall.

Honestly. 🙄

djglover
    Free Member

Also I think we should dress properly for lunch, perhaps chinos, a blazer and club tie or even a lounge suit and punched brogues?

garage-dweller, do you ride with CFH?

AlasdairMc

I do have to agree in part. I personally think that anyone that wears a bike helmet in a distinctly non-bike-related activity looks a bit nobbish. Like those folk you see in the supermarket.

garage-dweller

No (honestly not sure if that’s a compliment/insult or who CFH is!)

I do feel that one should dress properly on the trails though
    By which I mean cycling attire, accessorised with the local geology, flora and (less so) fauna.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

“May be it’s a big horse, ‘cos I’m a Londoner…….”

Very, very good!
    😀

bigrich

take your sweaty helmet off and when you put it back on, its cold and horrible.

relax, mountainbiking is a hobby, when you can get covered in shite and talk about anything but the real world.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

May be it’s a big horse, ‘cos I’m a Londoner…….”

Very, very good!

It was yes, made me chuckle!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Muddy riders in Glyncorrwg cafe’ is closed to new replies.