Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • mud tyres
    Free Member

Living in the SE I seem to do a fair amount of miles between offroad sections on some rides and wondered what would be a good tyres for the mud but still rolls fairly well on road. Would some thing like Maxxis Ignitor be any good.

raisinhat
    Free Member

Fast rolling on road, yet grippy in mud? No tyre exists.

The best compromise would probably be something like a conti baron or a maxxis beaver.

jam-bo

Mud x

jonwe
    Free Member

I’m also in the SE with the same problem. I’m running panaracer fire XC pros 2.1 – fine all-round mud/gloop/slippy root/road tires.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

My dad was asking for the same thing and I just laughed at him. Grippy in mud and good on the road…
    He gets a deal on conti so I just told him to get some mountain kings.

Taff
    Free Member

Used to run fire XC pro too with a MudX on the rear if really bad. Now running racing Ralph’s on the advice of an elite racer. Just as much grip as a MudX but not as draggy and great on hardback.

mboy
    Free Member

Maxxis Ignitors are slower than a lot of mud tyres IMO.

Try a set of Maxxis Medusa’s, more grip in mud, also faster rolling. Though still not exactly quick, they’re faster than other mud tyres.

DanW
    Free Member

Schwalbe dirty Dan or bontrager mud-x.

You are only kidding yourself if you think a racing Ralph is as grippy as a mud-x in the mud.

grantway
    Free Member

I always use a Maxxis swampthing 42a sticky up front

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Not black shark mus, even off road

dantsw13

Depends whAt you mean by mud. In wet conditions, my x kings were great, but as soon as the mud gets thick and gloppy, they span out on the rear. Ralph’s are similar depth of tread. In the same conditions, mud X don’t miss a beat.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘mud tyres’ is closed to new replies.